CCTV POSITIONING

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuey

Reaction score
Hi, I have a open plan shared drive between my bungalow and next doors bungalow. I want to put a cctv camera on my garage wall to view the drive as my neighbour has caused damage to my cars parked on my side of the drive. The camera would not be pointed directly at his property but i would be able to view the drive to see if any damage is caused by him in the future. Can i leagally do this without invading his privacy ?

Where are these rules defined please?

I have a couple of cameras on my driveway which also "see" neighbours.  Actually no-one here is likely to complain, but it would be nice to know if I'm legal or not.

Hi, I have a open plan shared drive between my bungalow and next doors bungalow. I want to put a cctv camera on my garage wall to view the drive as my neighbour has caused damage to my cars parked on my side of the drive. The camera would not be pointed directly at his property but i would be able to view the drive to see if any damage is caused by him in the future. Can i leagally do this without invading his privacy ?
If you use hikvision. DVR or NVR you can use the privacy setting option in the menu where you can draw areas of the cameras image to block out the neighbours bungalow to save any problems 

If you use hikvision. DVR or NVR you can use the privacy setting option in the menu where you can draw areas of the cameras image to block out the neighbours bungalow to save any problems 

But the neighbour will not know that, the only way they would know is if you invite them in to see it, that may not be such a good idea.