Looking for a career change

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris7

Reaction score
Hi all 

I'm not currently working in the electrical industry but I've just completed CITY & GUILDS 2365 LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS and I understand I'm just scratching the surface of becoming an fully qualified electrician, I'm keen to to learn as much as I can before making the jump from my current job. Any advice on what to do next will be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys

Welcome Chris, you’ll need your AM2 and NVQ lvl 3, this will require working with an electrician or electrical firm to obtain the ‘on the job’ skill set, so you need to commit yourself to a relevant person for work experience over a significant period especially so if you are fitting it in and around existing job. 

What is it that you do? 

What area are you in? And how old are you? 

Hi I'm 34 year old butcher from Pontefract Yorkshire. Basically I've been trying to get as much behind me before making the change to limit the time it takes to do my nvq lvl 3 and so I'm not completely out of my comfort zone. I finishedc my 2365 level 2 last year and I've completed the level 3 a few months ago, just waiting for my certificates. I understand that the nvq and am2 are the final piece but would it be worth doing an 18 edition and City & Guilds 2392 course?

i did most of the course last year and finished off beginning of 2018. i was waiting for my certs (they took about 4 months to come through  on level 2) only to find out that i was missing the personal statement and CV section before fully completed, so back to waiting for my certificates again. all the other exams and practical parts I've passed.

Latest posts