Anyone got a spare £450 for a pad saw?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice gimmick. Can’t see many domestic sparks using one though. What happens if it hits a nail or block work? 

It’s not really an everyday tool and for how many new sockets in a stud wall you’d fit wouldn’t be worth the investment so I’m out. 

If I had to first fix a couple of hundred boxes in drywall then ideal, would like to see how it fairs against engineering bricks...

I like it but not £500.00 like it.  Is anyone using anything good for £50.00

One of those budget multi-tools from Aldi or Lidl, plus a pencil & a back-box to draw round, then just cut nice square/oblong hole.  I'm sure that can be done for less than £40.00. Who would actually still be using pad saws these days? Another tool solving a problem that doesn't exist IMHO.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't throw  £450  quid away just to cut plasterboard  ...by the time you plugged that thing in it would be cut & done with a handsaw .   

I thought at first  it was for brickwork  . 

I suppose if you do millions of overpriced flats then it may pay for its self. 

Much like a stud cutter, very expensive but cheaper than cutting stud off miles of tray on sites where grinders aren't allowed.

I wonder how well it would cope with 18mm ply or metal baterns!?!

When I used to,do this sort of thing I would make up a few templates out of thin ply with a stick at the bottom and a ledge for a small,level,on the top

stand it in place, draw around inside of square, padsaw, done

hat funky tool,in the video has a built in distance rod and level...whereas the gadgy with the padsaw is measuring and levelling. Make a template man