Renault Trafic electronic fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshk

Reaction score
I’m having issues with my Renault Trafic, won’t turn over or even attempt to fire up, I’ve had diagnosed that the computer can’t get into the ECU whatsoever, needed some advice or anyone who’d know how to go about this.( service light, stop light, battery light on, but no engine light) 

I’ve searched for ECU’s for this particular model I seem to come across a few and there are all different, is it possible to by the ECU on it’s own? As some come with immobilisers etc. Thanks 

Try disconnecting the battery, then disconnect the Ecu leads check for corrosion clean if necessary. Reconnect leads then reconnect battery. 

Remeber to leave ignition off for a couple of minutes prior to disconnecting battery otherwise the ecu will not be in sleep mode if you don’t then it can interfere with programming. 

Have you tried a hard reset? Disconnect both battery leads then join them together for a few seconds, this will discharge any capacitors etc in the ECUs and hopefully give them a kick up the bum and start to work.

Hello, still trying to sort this issue out, I’ve ordered another ECU kit that comes with immobiliser and UCH, I’ve been told I Cannot for expample replace the uch alone and use the original immobiliser and ECu, is this correct information I’ve been given or can I just replace one of the follow 3 items 

Sorry to bother you again, I’ve stripped all around steering wheel to fit another uch as I bought a kit from another van (exact same) so all modules have to match as I’ve come to the original uch and they are both different types