What is the flashing power light on Accenta/ Optima G3?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidGX

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Couple of quick questions from a newbie about our house alarm.  We had the nightmare scenario of going away and having a neighbour contact us to tell us the alarm was going off.  They managed to rest it but we noted that the power indicator on the remote keypad is blinking slowly.  There is a solid red light on the actual alarm panel.

Does the blinking indicator mean the battery back up in the alarm panel is failing?  I have tried googling and cannot find it anywhere.  I replaced the battery pack possibly five years ago.  Is there some way of opening up the panel without the alarm going off?

Also, on a related matter, our smoke alarms seem to be tripping and I am wondering if they might be in the same circuit as the alarm?

Any suggestions and help very welcome.

Thanks,

David

Lead acid batteries used in alarm panels have a life expectancy of 5 years, so if you changed yours 5 years ago.............

As for the manual Click here

You also said your smoke alarms "seem to be tripping" since you are there and I am not, can you be more specific? (I do not understand what you mean)

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Latest posts