I am not a monkey .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 25 yrs ago we did a project converting a building to an opthalmic   ( I think thats the word)  eye  research & treatment centre at a university.         Towards the end , staff moving in etc ...there was an earth  fault on a new ring main  they needed so we stopped over to sort it .     (  Cable pierced by extra long plate screw )      

The  big cheese Professor was there  with acolytes flapping around him .. he asked if it was sorted  ..."yes" .... "what was it ?" ....... told him ..."How did you find that ..must be 20 sockets "..... " Oh well ..erm ..we divided the ring at the middle , reduced it one leg with a fault ,  so down to 10 plugs ...halved it again  and there it was "  

Then  the bit that made me think  .......... the Prof  says  "  So you  applied your new brain and used logic & a process of elimination ?"      "    New brain ?"      " Yes ,Yes  , your original  brain drives the body , temperature , bodily functions , flight & fear reactions  etc  .....  new brain is wrapped around the old brain and defines us from the apes "    

So when did this "New " brain appear then I asked .        "  Ah  you're not going to get a quote from ME one THAT one  young man   "    ( Well compared to the Prof I was young) 

So are we looking at  God , aliens  or natural selection  here.  ?         ( Wish I could sleep !!!!!)

Last edited by a moderator: