Premature cable collapse fixings

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What fixings are people using/considering using to comply with the regs regarding premature cable collapse?

I've used Safe D fire rated cable clips within trunking but had mixed results when fixing with DeWalt Walldog screws alone - depending on what I'm trying to fix to!

I'm also interested to know what people recommend for conduit and cable clipped direct etc.

No need for any of those clips ........just had wind of 18th amendment ,   all house bashing will be carried out in 25mm galvo conduit   .   25mm to allow for additional  wiring  to be added.  :innocent  

No need for any of those clips ........just had wind of 18th amendment ,   all house bashing will be carried out in 25mm galvo conduit   .   25mm to allow for additional  wiring  to be added.  :innocent  

Hmmm....

I always thought 25mm choob was for two 4mm FP's, least that's how they do it here on Mars.

We even pulled in a 16mm 5 core SWA for a 13a supply, just to make sure...

And I wont forget the 75mm SWA for the 50 amp condenser which was supposed to be connected to a rotary isolator the size of a match box but instead it was connected to a Glasgow unit and then the match box.

Wierd! :Godno:

Last edited by a moderator: