2365-615 Electrical systems design L3

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok post question and post what you think is the answer and we will guide you through any mistakes. What we won't do, is give you an answer without you making any effort - you won't learn sod all like that.

Ok post question and post what you think is the answer and we will guide you through any mistakes. What we won't do, is give you an answer without you making any effort - you won't learn sod all like that.

Something many new members don’t understand is we’re not a homework answering service.

So as Binky said, post the question and your answer, that’s when we will nudge you towards the right answer.

Bare in mind, many of us qualified long before the internet was available. We had to sit down, read and learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
could anyone help me to do the design assignment ,please?

Someone may be willing to start a forum answering service. for the right price. Perhaps £200 to cover initial reading and research of the question provided. Then £25 per word. £50 per any drawings or illustrations. Any mathematical calculations at £75 for answer only or £125 to include working-out.  That possibly may make it worth while?  Otherwise if you are after any free help, you will need to show that you actually understand the question and are just struggling with one or two points.  The way members normally do this is to post their answers and explain the elements they are struggling with. At which point various other members typically give hints and nudges as to the areas you need to go back and look at again. 

Doc H. 

Hi All 

I have stuck on Q4 I am doing calculation on the supply to the summer house DB 32A 400.  The length of the circuit is about 30m and it will be buried in ground. I'm wondering what correction factor to apply for selection the right size of the cable. 

So the installation method will be C. 

Ib - 32A 

In - 32 A type C 

Installation method - C 

Ambient temp. - 35 

Ca- 0.94 

Cg - 0.80 

Circuit length - 35m

Max (mV/A/m) - 15 as for 3 phase 

CSA - 2.5

It value - 25 

Voltage drop - 3.29V

Max Zs - selected 1.09

R1+R2 = 0.19 ohm 

Zs = 0.30 

The correction factors you have applied are correct for a cable installed on a surface, installation method C, but you say in the post above the cable is buried which is installation method D.

The Zs value given is for a type B 32A breaker but you state a type C 32A breaker.

Could you show your working for the calculation of volt drop and R1+R2 as they do not seem to match up with the figures given for cross sectional area, length and volt drop mV/A/m..