Shaver Socket

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found in a bathroom today

shaver_1.jpg

The other side if the wall, in the airing cupboard, a bit of 5A flex connects it into the back of a 13A socket

shaver_2.jpg

Well, it's better than one of those silly transformer isolated things, at least you can plug the telly in when you want to watch the football while you're in the bath. lol😊 

It might not fair too well with that bit of tiny flex if you plugged the washing machine or tumble dryer in.
True, but on a non-rcd circuit it should hold long enough for an unwanted wife to have an unfortunate accident with an electric fire and a bath. lol

How ever, I do quite like how they have done the tiling, not seen it done like that but quite pleasing, mostly blocks of four but some blocks of nine.

And that Georgian-rope-edge accessory clashes real bad with those tiles!

Doc H.

The "tiles" is actually wallpaper......

:D :slap :Chairfall

Christmas whip-round to get Doc some glasses anyone???

:innocent

:C

Well, it's better than one of those silly transformer isolated things, at least you can plug the telly in when you want to watch the football while you're in the bath. lol😊 

One of my customers doesn't have an actual socket in the bathroom..

BUT..

there is a 4-way multi-block extension lead under the bathroom door from the socket on the landing with a big old Roberts radio on a bathroom cupboard...

Cupboard sits approx. 1.5m from the bath...

So I do wonder..

which would be safer..

A proper socket on the bathroom wall 1.5 from bath opposite wall...

Or trailing lead under door..  to same place in bathroom?????

I have been going to this customer various times over the years since 2001..

The lead AND the radio have always been there!

No dead bodies yet electrocuted in the bath!

:coffee  

Last edited by a moderator: