Advent Calenders

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
I bought myself an Advent calendar again this year, I also bought one last year, although I never open them until Christmas Day, they are also rather expensive Advent calendars, about £50 each! Why,because they are made by Wera, behind every door there is a tool, Each year I promise myself I'm not going to buy any more tools, I really do have enough, and every year I buy more, it's like an illness! Recently I bought another MFT, well it was going cheap, then I bought one of those all singing all dancing calibration boxes, I bought a new welder, it was reduced to £20 in Aldi, one of those invertec ones, just in case my other one packs in, the fact I haven't done any welding in almost a year is irrelevant, I may, need it. I've enough 110v gear to start a hire shop, even though I mainly use cordless now. Last week I went out and bought another infra red thermometer after my other disappeared, only to find it later inside a battery charger! My wife had tidied up and put it there so it wouldn't get lost!

Is it just me or do others do this? At my time of life you'd think I'd have more sense.lol

Oooh I’ve seen those, I’ve been thinking about one for myself but seeing as you have a spare should I send my addy via PM  :slap
They do a different one each year, I have a love/hate thing when I see their stand at the Elexshows, they always have something I need (want) it's expensive gear but it's good and a lot of it is adaptable too. Their range of VDE interchangeable screwdrivers for example, come in various sizes, but you can also buy separate bits for them to customise the set. I had the big set bought as a Christmas present,it has flat, pozi, and Philips, plus the plusminus drivers in pozi and Philips, and various cabinet keys, I bought a couple of hex drivers to go in it (they have space) to fit meters and service heads. It all fits in a small tool roll about 6 inches long and 2 inch diameter, and it has a belt clip, it's great for maintenance.

If we go to B&Q , Homebase   or Wickes  I'm drawn into the tools section as if theres a huge magnet there .   Have an obsession with tool boxes  and those compartment trays ,  there are six on the van now .  

I know you're bursting to know  so I'll describe them .

1)   Fixing tray      Has all the sizes of wood screws we usually need , plugs , whirlygigs , extra long wood screws . etc

2)   Board change tray       busbar finger caps , spare BB, spare earth / neut bars  + their fixing piilars,  labels ,  meter fairy seals . 

3)  Various sizes of circular clips .

4)  Nuts & bolts  , 2BA , M4 , M6, M8

5)  2nd fix tray    All sizes of plate screws 3.5mm.  Wagos, connectors  etc.

6)   :C