I read the news today, oh boy!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpend

"It Just Is"
Reaction score
Well they blame Brexit for a collapse of our economy, however first we had the collapse of Carillion, now it seems that Interserve (another large contractor to the government) are on the verge of collapse, and just for good measure the Cross rail project apparently requires an extra £2bn to allow it too complete- apparent oversite on some of the building requirements involved, so without Brexit I think there doing a ruddy good job themselves. 

So to solve it all Theresa is heading back to EU to attempt a renegotiate  :slap

I heard a rumour that kier group stocks were plunging and looks like most of the building industry is headed the same way.

Looks like it will be an interesting new year!

How do you say: can I wash your car  in Romainian??? :slap

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't help thinking brexit has been made up to further enslave us....

In 2009 a tub of celebrations had +40% more weight than the ones we see today.

Parking my car outside my house has just increased 60% for environmental reasons, just so happens that most small family cars fall into this band, should be a good Christmas do at the council this year though....

Bah humbug!

Well latest news!! 

The french president Macron has agreed to increase min wage, insist on tax free bonuses to employees and not to increase tax for pensioners. Saying that the people have not been heard over the years so he needs to act in their interest. 

Is he trying to incite riots over here or are the English above all that and just prefer to be walked all over? 

Keep em busy and keep em distracted....

:shakehead

The French obviously have plenty of time on their hands to go about rioting, to which I may add they are quite good at.

Would love to go out rioting tonight but; the kids aren't in bed yet, I've got my accounts to sort for the man, then I've got to sort out Christmas shopping, fix the washing machine & I've got to get up at stupid o'clock for work in the morning.

Also it's a bit cold out.

:coffee

The tories have to decide whether NI is a part of a nation state independent of the EU or not, and admit that if it is, a border is required.
That is what a border is, a line between two nation states.

Most of the last 18 months has been trying to sold an unsolvable no border between different countries issue. It is about time TM admitted that is the problem, goes back to the EU and says there WILL be a border, there will be no need for a backstop.

The French obviously have plenty of time on their hands to go about rioting, to which I may add they are quite good at.

Would love to go out rioting tonight but; the kids aren't in bed yet, I've got my accounts to sort for the man, then I've got to sort out Christmas shopping, fix the washing machine & I've got to get up at stupid o'clock for work in the morning.

Typical Brit, every excuse under the sun not to do something! 

The tories have to decide whether NI is a part of a nation state independent of the EU or not, and admit that if it is, a border is required.
That is what a border is, a line between two nation states.

Most of the last 18 months has been trying to sold an unsolvable no border between different countries issue. It is about time TM admitted that is the problem, goes back to the EU and says there WILL be a border, there will be no need for a backstop.

Exactly, call a spade a spade. 

She is trying to please everybody both majority and minority voters. As I explained the other day there is no such thing as trying. Trying is an excuse to fail. 

I couldnt imagine Thatcher being so indecisive. 

Naw!!  Forget all that ...surely you could squeeze in a bit of rioting before bed .