New House, Installing an Induction Cooker Advise

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_r

Reaction score
Hi there, this is my first post here so I hope I've got it in the right forum.

I've just moved in to a new house which didn't come with an oven, the previous owners had a standard electric cooker. I have purchased a Zanussi ZCI66050BA induction cooker and am wondering if there is anything special I need to know to install it? I searched the internet and there is a lot of conflicting advice on:

• If it's ok to connect myself or I need to call out an electrician (and if this affects home insurance)

• If I need a separate spur from the mains to power the hob

• The minimum power required for the cooker

The kitchen has a dedicated cooker switch and 3-wire cable in it. Looking at the wiring diagram in the manual it seems as though I just need to connect the three wires as shown but I'm not certain of the power of the spur or the requirements of the cooker.

http://www.electrolux-ui.com/DocumentDownLoad.aspx?DocURL=2018\867\337960umEN.pdf

Any advice is welcome,

Dave

What size Mcb do you have on this dedicated cooker circuit in the consumer unit. 

Is this a new house as in newly built or a new house to you? 

Hi there, thanks for the help.

It's a new house to me. It was originally built in the 30's but has a relatively new kitchen (last 5 years) and gas central heating etc.

The MCB is a CTI ZB32 so looks like 32A

According to Mfr instructions it looks as though you need to connect live (l) neutral (n) and earth (e) only, make sure the links are in as per picture on page 26. Connect in screws to right of each black dot ⚫️. 

This is of course making the assumption that the cable install is 6mm minimum.  

Please only carry out this work if you are confident and competent to do so. 

Thank you.

Yes, the cable is 6mm so should be adequate for the job.

Thanks for the clarification on the Mfr instructions, that was what I understood by them too.

I'll turn the mains off and ensure all connections are tight before turning it back on.

Many thanks again for you help,

Dave

Locked to prevent being hi-jacked (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.