None Electrition with cooker Fault

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus 19

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m Zeus by no way am I an electrician but I can put a plug on something or change a fuse 

I’ve joined this forum out of shear frustration and desperation I have a faulty oven and for love or money can’t get anyone to come and look at repairing it it’s  a De-Dietrich single built in oven model is DOP740B 

The problem is the oven seems to work fine when first turned on gets to temp then when you turn it off and it cools if you turn it back on the whole front digital display lights up everything on it then closes down with an error on the display showing as 1n It 

so im hoping and preying some kind person on here could point me in the write direction even as to what the fault might be 

kind Regards Zeus 19

Welcome to the forum.  How old is this oven? Is there a possibility that it is now an obsolete item, hence very few persons willing to have a look at it?  The manufactures website doesn't list it on its manuals support page.  https://www.dedietrich.co.uk/manuals   And e-spares only list general items like, lamps, baking trays, door seals etc in its list of available spare parts.  https://www.espares.co.uk/search/ma968/dedietrich?SearchTerm=DOP740B&page=3    I cant see any on-line retailers who still have it listed as a current product.  This type of work is generally done by appliance repair technicians rather than electricians. Most electricians would wire in the supply circuits from the fuse-box and connect the oven to the circuit, but not normally dabble around inside trying to identify test and replace any faulty components as it is not normally cost effective work to do.

Doc H.

Bit of an obvious one, but have you reset the clock? I've had a few ovens that haven't worked after the electric has been turned off, just reset the clock and away it went.

Sheer guess, but easy to check:  Check he oven fan is running. They can fail, often just with gummed up bearings, and cause overheat sensors around the element to trip.

Hi everyone 

First let me thank you all for taking the time and trouble to reply to my fault and a massive thank you to sharpened for the link he put up which set me down the right road i finely located a spare parts company in France that stocked what is supposedly on obsolete power board for my particular oven ordered the part it got shipped from France i fitted it today and oven appears to be working like a charm 

So once again thank you all and a big thank you to sharpened ☺️