White residue

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oracle

Reaction score
All,

I am getting fed up with washing my car(s) only to find the water leaves a white residue behind.

I also get peeved off the kettle limscales up slightly (nothing really bad though)

So I have decided to do something about it..... but not sure what! lol

I will be fitting a Salamander Cracker (sounds painful) - which is an electrolytic/combined electromagnetic filter - picked one up cheap :D

In addition (I like to go OTT) - I am toying with a combi-care polyposphate unitr AND/OR a liff 5 micron filter.

What I am not sure about, is whether the polyphosphate filter will remove the white residue, or just prevent it scaling up?

I am also not sure whether to get the combi-care unit (does it filter??) or to get a liff polyposhate filter (10") instead of the 5micron filter element.

I will be connecting the above to the main cold incomer - so this will be a whole house set up.

Thanks,

O.

ps - A few Guiness Drink to those that help :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Drying the car with a leather chamois would be a much cheaper alternative.

Just descale the kettle and whack some Calgone in your washing machine

:|

maybe test the water to see the degree of hardness would be an idea, anything over 200 would req a remedy.use a tds meter from ebay or borrow one from ur local tropical fish shop.

we fit calmag for whole house applications but there are many options available.

Latest posts