initial verification 2391-50 and inspection and testing 2391-51

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julius

Reaction score
Hi everyone, 

I am about to do the (initial verification 2391-50 and peruodic inspection and testing 2391-51 exams) l have searched on line for any online exam simulators to practice but l havent found anything good, l did find the electa course, but it was rubbish l think there were in total about 100 to 150 questions in the bank and very easy to recognise every time when you would practice

if any one knows or has any idea where to find the above online course simulators please let me know,

Thank you

read your regs book (and try to stay awake) it has all the info you will need. Been a long time since I did the old 2391, the 1 thing that threw me was the first part where 1 cable was bent through too tight a radius - so used to seeing cables over-bent it didn't register for about 2 mins!

read your regs book (and try to stay awake) it has all the info you will need. Been a long time since I did the old 2391, the 1 thing that threw me was the first part where 1 cable was bent through too tight a radius - so used to seeing cables over-bent it didn't register for about 2 mins!
....and two cables put neatly in one clip

bonding cable neatly cable tied to gas pipe

just been reading some Yank regs........only one cable per terminal ( and they are wrapped around screws ) . All multiple cables are twisted in a Ideal Screwit type connector and a pigtail taken to screw. Also no sleeve on the earth

just been reading some Yank regs........only one cable per terminal ( and they are wrapped around screws ) . All multiple cables are twisted in a Ideal Screwit type connector and a pigtail taken to screw. Also no sleeve on the earth.

One of the reasons AFCI’s (AFDD) are required in the US.

US electricians are just waking up to Wago connectors but the old guard think of them as second rate compared to firenuts. Some acknowledge “wrap around” terminals aren’t good but they’re stuck with them.

PS Romex cable the earth is insulated.

Last edited by a moderator:
When doing the practical side, never leave the board unattended with the cover off unless you have locked off the main isolator and don't leave the key lying about, you'll fail!

My last apprentice was doing his exam, he'd taken the cover off a 3 phase board and the instructor asked him to come to the bench for a minute, he said he'd be over when he'd locked off the board, then later, as he was going for a break he was asked to leave the lockout key on the bench, 'so we don't lose it'. he refused, saying it would be fine in his pocket.

He passed his exam and the instructor actually said that he'd tried twice to trip him up on safety issues, once by asking him to come to the bench, he was hoping he'd leave the board unsecured, and later by asking him to leave the key on the bench.

He said it was amazing the number of people who fell for it, safety is a really big part of things and quite rightly so, but it's so easy to overlook something like putting a lock on at the right moment when you're thinking about other things. Good luck with it