VOLTAGE STABIZER

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JACI

Reaction score
WHAT DOES IT MEAN SDR , SDC AND ACH INITIALS FOR VOLTAGE STABILIZER?

THANK YOU!

Like you Geoff, I am a little unsure on what is meant, perhaps a make and/or model might have at least assisted in such a first post? I’m glad he knows what he’s talking about or not as the case maybe? 

Any further info you can supply JACI would be an advantage please. It’s a bit like asking what JACI stands for :C  

Interesting, and as binky says amazingly cheap.No wiser on the abbreviations I'm afraid.  

You do realise that you have to buy a minimum of 100 of these, pay for shipping from China and whatever import duties may apply? Plus they are for 220volts output, not 230/240.

I think you will find that those initials are just the series / model number of the equipment, such as an electric kettle being a Kenwood SJM480.

As Tony has said and to expand

Energy = IVt

so if it takes X much energy to boil a cup of water for your tea, if you have reduced the voltage, for the equation to work you have to increase the time. So still the same amount of energy used, nowt gained by using your optimiser except wasting you money.

In the words of Scotty "you canny change the laws of Physics."

thanks for response.

the model of stabilizer is SDC 3000VA and it is not function for my inverter but my friend has another stabilizer that is model SDR 3000VA

and the inverter work perfectly. I dont know the difference betwen two models, THE BRAND IS KEBO/.

guess that initials  SDC and SDR are response for this fact.

A quick google seems to show the SDC3000VA is a "servo type" voltage stabiliser, which from the pictures looks to be a variac driven by a motor to achieve the required voltage.  So that won't respond to short spike, just long term trend voltage.

The SDR3000VA is a "relay type" voltage stabiliser. No pictures but I am guessing it uses relays to switch between a number of fixed tappings on a transformer. It might respond a little quicker to voltage changes perhaps.

What are you hoping to achieve with these?  You mention an inverter. I would not thing they were that bothered about absolute voltage.  Is this a solar PV inverter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts