Zanussi oven - ZCK88300W

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xepedro

Reaction score
https://www.zanussi.co.uk/kitchen/cooking/cookers/gas-cooker/zck68300w/

Attempting to help my dear old mum by connecting her new Zanussi ZCK88300W cooker upto the mains electrics. 

All new main 6mm radial already in place with a cooker iso point & controlled by a 40Amp breaker on a 63Amp RCD - All good

The ask is to sanity check the connection into the back of the Zanussi as out of the box the appliance is setup for a multitude of potential EU variants.

At the cooker back, the terminal board shows 1 to 6 screw connectors & P24 of the manual shows black circles over screw 1, 3 & 5 & physical screw illustrations for 2, 4 & 6 

Between 1 & 2 = link in place, both marked L - Presumption is to connect Live to 2

Between 3, 4 & 5 = link's in place, all marked N - Presumption is to connect Neutral to 4

Screw 6 clearly marked as E - Obvious

If I do this, appliance turns on OK, lights work OK & ignitors working OK.

As soon as the oven is put under any form of load - the RCD trips.

I've called the MFR direct, their service centre & the retailers tech support helpline BUT No-one can give me access to anyone who has the instal advice apart from the service centre who are happy to book an engineer in for the new year!

Any thoughts here?

@phil & andy - interesting opinions as I've just found out that the delivery drivers managed to roll the machine off of the sack barrow onto the path during delivery. I fully understand how to do IR on a radial but how would I do this on the appliance itself (as a new machine)? 

take covers off and IR the elements inside

being rolled about probably didnt help though. personally, id be telling them its faulty and let them deal with it

Last edited by a moderator: