OK If no one else is going to say it ................

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I thought you’d all forgotten and I don’t like to be centre of attention ☺️

mind i I haven’t heard any carol singers do they still have carol singers or is it all virtual now? 

They don't come round the streets anymore .  Some on TV at the moment , a midnight mass thing .    I don't mind the traditional ones that we sung as kids  but due to over exposure  I can't stand the annual  pop singers Christmas hits  I'm afraid . 

All through junior school I thought we were singing   .." Good King Wenslass.......  last.......looked out on the feast of Stephen "

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't come round the streets anymore .  Some on TV at the moment , a midnight mass thing .    I don't mind the traditional ones that we sung as kids  but due to over exposure  I can't stand the annual  pop singers Christmas hits  I'm afraid . 

All through junior school I thought we were singing   .." Good King Wenslass.......  last.......looked out on the feast of Stephen "

And I would guess you also sung about the shepherds washing their socks by night?

Doc H

Hope everyone one is having a good day. Had the in-laws round for dinner, been hectic. Having 5 mins rest, a quick clear up then off to my mothers for round 2. Knackered already.

Had my Christmas poo now though, which deffo relieved the Christmas dinner bloat.

Merry Christmas everyone x

And I would guess you also sung about the shepherds washing their socks by night?
Did that one on purpose  ...but along with many more I believe  ,  thought the Wencleslass  one correct .  

Another gem which upset the teachers  ...but probably only works in Brum ..went  :-  

" We three kings of Orient are 

One in a taxi , one in a car ,

One on a scooter , bipping  his hooter,

Travelling to Perry Barr .! "  

Just got back from Xmas I at daughters with her partner and 3 of our grandchildren

Xmas II tomorrow at my son's and his partner.   With another two granddaughters

unfortnately son and daughter couldn't get together this time

other daughter, son in law and two granddaughters live approx 2,500 miles away , so they didn't bother turning up😂......BUT we know where we are going next year!!!!!!!

so,we are having a disjointed and hectic time and loving every minute of it so far 

so Have a Merry Xmas and make the most of everything you have whilst you still have it!

Sick to the t!tz of leftover party food. Wasn't hungry until a while ago.

Just had bubble and squeak with brown sauce and red cabbage. Yum!

The best part of christmas is having my son here.

My lads home from uni. Nice having everyone together.

Wife's comment just made me chuckle. Two chavs in Dartford on Christmas Eve:

"Get her a reflexology kit, then she can test her reflexes!

:)

mmm, there were loads of silly Christmas songs when we were kids, you don't hear them now sadly.

I went to a carol concert in my local park a few days before Christmas, brass band, carol singers, etc it was great, but no kids singing the carols the way we did, the rude versions.

One of the most hilarious ones was about the kids nativity play at school, do they even have them these days? not around here they don't. Anyway, there's a school in Liverpool and the kids are doing their play,Joseph knocks on the door of the inn, and the kid playing the innkeeper opens it, sees all his family in the audience and totally blanks, "what d'you want la" he asks, Joseph replies. "we need a room for the night,my wife is about to give birth", the innkeeper replied, "clear off, la, we're chokka", Joseph replied, "but it's not my fault my wife is pregnant", to which the innkeeper replied, "nah mate, and if you read your bible you'd know it wasn't my fault neither, now ****** off"

There were some really funny carols back in my day, remember the one about winter wonderland, although it wasn't walking, but something else begining with W, lol

or my favourite, which used to really get some stares, I remember at school, we were about 14 at the time and our French teacher decided to teach us a carol, only it wasn't in French it was in German!, I always used to enjoy walking around my local supermarket, carols playing over the PA, and people singing softly to themselves, then on comes 'silent night' and I start singing it in German! lol

Mind you, I'm a sod for doing silly things over the last few years, I took to going into my local paper shop each morning and wishing the owner Goodmorning in a different language each day, French, German, Italian, etc, anyway one day I was just about to enter and I heard the familiar voice of the little old lady from down the road, " has he been in yet?" she asked, "has who been in?" asked the shopkeeper, "you know, the bloke for the fags, eee, I'd no idea he was so clever, fancy, he can speak all those languages and still lives in a council house".

The other day I called in to the local motor factors, the owner is sat on a stool reading the paper, sat alongside him is a young lad, the new assistant, now here's an opportunity that's too good to miss. " guten morgen,wie geht es dir", I said, trying to sound German, the owner smiled and nodded, he knew I was playing silly beggars,  The young lad leaped from his stool. turned to his boss, " BLIMEY, he's foreign, do you speak Italian?" at which point we both fell about laughing, much to the bemusement of the young lad, I wonder if he'll fall for it next time? lol