Under it oven not working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shell

Reaction score
Brought ex display under it double oven from Homebase last November 2017.. Today it has stopped working.. no power to it.. have checked the circuit board and no problems there. Reset the main circuit but still no power.. there is a switch in the cupboard housing that the oven is on.. have turned it off and on again but still no power.. everything else in the house still works  any ideas before I call an engineer. 

Is it hard wired, or is it on a plug, how do  you know there is power going to it? Just because switches are on and breakers in the on position doesn't mean it has power

Is the oven connected with a 13A plug or hard wired in?

It could be as simple as the fuse in the plug.
Mmm, great minds think alike, lol

Could be something as simple as a loose connection, but without a bit of test gear, and the knowledge to test safely, it's a job best left to a pro.

What have you "Reset"?   An MCB (Mini Circuit Breaker), dedicated to the oven, or an RCD controlling several circuits?  

If it's the RCD you reset, have you also made sure that the MCB for the oven is in the ON position?

However, if either or both of the above have tripped you could have a fault which requires investigation.

Could be something simple ...I'd be looking at the consumer unit  for any tripped breakers  /or fuses  marked Oven .  And I'd be looking at that switch in the cupboard for loose connections  or burnt out . 

As always I'll issue the Forum warning that if you cannot test for dead , you shouldn't be poking about  .    No offence implied .  

Could be something simple ...I'd be looking at the consumer unit  for any tripped breakers  /or fuses  marked Oven .  And I'd be looking at that switch in the cupboard for loose connections  or burnt out . 

As always I'll issue the Forum warning that if you cannot test for dead , you shouldn't be poking about  .    No offence implied .  
Thankyou for the advice... I will be calling an electrician in the morning..