A message to you all

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
I'd just like to wish everyone a very happy new year, I'll do it now before it gets too busy or I more likely too drunk, I've recently returned, as most of you know, following an absence of several months, and I'm happy to say that most of the old gang are still here, and we're still trying to put the world to rights.

I'll be disappearing again for a while in early January, but I'll be back, anyway I hope you all have a better year than the last one, and here's to us all being around for a good few more.

Take care everyone and don't let those call outs get in the way of your drinking.

All the best, Phil      Guinness

And of course just to remind everyone....

Make sure you are not holding onto any keyboards, mice, touch-screens or part way through posting a message at the stroke of midnight....

As it normally takes Deke around 3 or 4 minutes to apply the forum calendar hand-brake...

Do a three-point turn or a doughnut if the speed is right..

And roll the month back to January and the date count back to 01...

All sorts of nasties can happen if you get caught midway through the New-Year date change...

IIRC 2006 was one of his fastest changeovers at just over 2 minutes..

But 2011 was a nightmare taking nearer to 6 minutes to re-synch the dates!!!

For those not familiar Its a bit like the space-program re-entry black out ...

Happy New Regs Year...

One and all..

Guinness :Y :happybunny: Guinness :signthankspin: :needdrink: :D :Y :pmsl1:

Last edited by a moderator:
....crackle ...crackle... hello Huston ...this is  Deke ......   the Eagle has landed !   .....  a near thing but . .. yes ... the date , time  & year  have been reset and should be on your screen  as I  speak..type .      OK  I got it  as 1920   but managed to spin it around before anyone noticed.  :innocent

A healthy , happy & prosperous  new year  to all Forumites .  

I'm glad the midnight hour has now passed  as these days I feel a great sadness  thinking of those  who have left us .  

But here we go !   Launching into  another year ....Brexiting like lemmings on coke!     :Salute :Stir:    :Outofdepth: :) :needdrink: