Removing sealed GU10 bulb

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odin87

Reaction score
Hi everyone 

needing some advice from what is probably a stupid question..

one of my bulbs (GU10) bulbs in the bathroom went the other day and I can’t find how to remove it. There is no obvious retaining clip holding it in place. How do I remove it? 

The bulb unit is square and the bulb can swivel a little (if that helps anyone) Are these possible a whole unit change/non replaceable bulb?

thanks for any advice 

Hi everyone 

needing some advice from what is probably a stupid question..

one of my bulbs (GU10) bulbs in the bathroom went the other day and I can’t find how to remove it. There is no obvious retaining clip holding it in place. How do I remove it? 

The bulb unit is square and the bulb can swivel a little (if that helps anyone) Are these possible a whole unit change/non replaceable bulb?

thanks for any advice 

If its GU10 it IS replaceable..

You say bathroom?

Do you mean there is a sort of lens cover in front of the lamp?

And you can't actually access the lamp yet?

Lens cover may either just pull straight off...

Or a twist a bit then unlock..

The lamp itself is in the keyhole holder as Doc said..

Guinness  

You mention it is square. I have never seen a square GU10 lamp.  Some bathroom lamps have a sealed LED lamp and when they go the whole thing needs replacing. I personally would never choose that type.

You mention it is square. I have never seen a square GU10 lamp.  Some bathroom lamps have a sealed LED lamp and when they go the whole thing needs replacing. I personally would never choose that type.
since he said square im guessing something like this. which the centre will twist or pull down to get the lamp out

astro-taro-gu10-white-square-fixed-downlight-p927-1721_medium.jpg.ead80a5da561259eb6a1c6927766648d.jpg

Latest posts