Kitchen fitters Eh!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some are really good but some ............ :redcard

I noticed again , last week ,  new kitchen , looked fine TBH   but the main water shut off  now sealed up behind units somewhere .   

One of the worst examples was the  old Wylex  board,  metering & cut out at low level  sealed up behind the corner unit . Access by open a 600 unit door  , remove pots & pans etc ,  remove shelving ,   crawl inside  base units , lie on belly , extend one arm only , pull fuse  & shuffle out backwards .  

There are a couple of kitchen fitters around here who are amazing!.....seriously good and it takes a LOT to impress me!!

there is another who did my brother in laws ( it is a golfing mate of his) absolute runny 💩 with a bit of vomit mixed in.

he fitted top and bottom trim 'by eye', then fitted slab doors. Nothing lines up, cornice runs out by 10mm over length of cupboards. It's flush with the door at one end and halfway behind door at other end

Some are really good but some ............ :redcard

I noticed again , last week ,  new kitchen , looked fine TBH   but the main water shut off  now sealed up behind units somewhere .   

One of the worst examples was the  old Wylex  board,  metering & cut out at low level  sealed up behind the corner unit . Access by open a 600 unit door  , remove pots & pans etc ,  remove shelving ,   crawl inside  base units , lie on belly , extend one arm only , pull fuse  & shuffle out backwards .  
I found one in a built in wardrobe like that. Push all the clothes to one side, there is a 6 inch square hole cut in the side panel of the wardrobe. Shine a torch in, and about 18" back was a wylex. You could just reach it with one hand to pull a fuse. Absolutely no chance of doing anything else.

I went to a house with a board at the back of a corner unit of the newish kitchen - full arm stretch to work on it, total pita. Funny thing is, the customer was an electrical lecturer at the local college.... :shakehead

I went to a house with a board at the back of a corner unit of the newish kitchen - full arm stretch to work on it, total pita. Funny thing is, the customer was an electrical lecturer at the local college.... :shakehead
What's the old saying?

Those that can - Do.  Those that can't - Teach.

What's the old saying?

Those that can - Do.  Those that can't - Teach.

And those that can't teach become consultants

There are always exceptions to the rule

some people may be consultants outside the electrical field

🥃👞

Oh!  This could go pear shaped if we are not carful, but I think we are still ok at the moment. Its like watching a slow-motion action-replay of an own-goal by some high profile football team, just waiting for the ball to roll back over into our own net!

Doc H.

in fact today is a personal best and it's the oldest I have ever been

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :eek: :eek: :eek:

We MUST be related...……………..???????????????? :C :C :C :C

As Today is ALSO the oldest I have ever been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now what are the chances of that if we are not blood relatives in some way??????????????????   :blink: :wacko: :unsure:

OR...…………………….

did I miss something???????????

:shakehead :pmsl1:

Guinness

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, I'm 54 shortly, and I'm knackered, MH problems, stomach problems, arthritis in my back, hands and knees, spondylosis in my neck. , My body is like one of those houses people rent out, the tenants didn't look after it and now it's falling to pieces! There are lots of things I can't do, however, if I was to run into an attractive blonde 19-year-old in my local, I'm sure I could still do her, lol. the exertion would probably finish me off, but there are a lot worse ways to go.

Latest posts