Replacement Bulb Needed for Russell Hobbs Flatbed Microwave RHFM2363

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SKYFLY777

Reaction score
Hi,

I am hoping someone here can help me. The internal lamp on my RH microwave is blinking on and off. I saw on YouTube how to replace the bulb and have taken the back off to have a look where the bulb is. However, I am having no luck trying to find a replacement bulb. There are some available online, which look similar or same, but am not sure whether another brand would work safely.

i contacted RH customer service department and they emailed me saying they could only sell me the bulb if I am a qualified electrician (I am not) and if I provided evidence. I want to avoid having to pay over the top for an electrician to do it, when it looks very simple.

i hope someone reading this will be able to help me. The model number is: RHFM2363 B S

Thank You 😊 

Hello - did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same microwave and the bulb has just started doing this. Be grateful if you have fixed it, what bulb you went for and what was your experience of changing it like?

I'm not an electrician but i think i can change a bulb!

Many thanks

Hi, I expect by now you have sorted your microwave bulb but for future information :- I first purchased this same microwave in 2016 and the bulb expired after about 18mths. I had taken out a 3 year warranty with Russell Hobbs so rang for a replacement bulb. The microwave has no easy access to change the bulb and they said they didn't sent engineers out to microwaves they just send a new microwave but that effectively ended the warranty that I had. I took out a warranty on the replacement one with Domestic and General and now a couple of years on the bulb has expired but Dom and Gen have arranged a Microwave engineer to come and replace the bulb for me.

arranged a Microwave engineer 
More chance of him being a fitter or appliance repairman......seriousl doubt he is an "engineer"  unless he is 'self titling'

i only say this as the word Engineer is so overused.....and my son in law IS a microwave Engineer

just saying 

" I took out a warranty on the replacement one with Domestic and General and now a couple of years on the bulb has expired but Dom and Gen have arranged a Microwave engineer to come and replace the bulb for me."
I suspect that's an expensive lamp change.  Extended warranties in general are there to make profit for the company selling them and/or the retailer.  They are like any other insurance.

It follows that if you put part of that cash aside to take the occasional hit of a repair bill or replacement appliance you will gain in the long term.

Regarding getting a microwave repair I would expect it to be much cheaper to take it to a local repairer, if you can, rather than expect them to come to you.

Unbelievable, my microwave which is less than a year old is exhibiting the same flickering. I can't get a bulb. I took the cover off and changing the bulb is really simple. I reckon from start to finish less than 5 minutes. I might go to my local small parts shop and have a look.

OK...  this is THE answer.

These microwaves come with a factory circuit board bulb that is NOT replaceable from the market places etc...

Instead...  know this. The bulk footing/socket/ fitting size is universal/generic. If you were to replace the bulb fitting, from say ebay or parts website , along with a standard 15w bulb widely available on the Internet it will fit and work into this model or indeed any model of microwave with this method of lighting.

At this stage you can then choose to seek out an led alternative pygmy microwave bulb to as opposed to or to replace the standard 15w filament/halogen bulbs we are all used to.

I hope this puts everyone on the right track.

*with all this in mind. Please please please get a competent person to manage this or any replacement or repair work.

Ultimately!!!!  Unplug this and indeed ANY electrical device before carrying out work of this nature and do not plug back in unless the casings are put back securely.