Outdoor floodlight with PIR and over-ride

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for a direct replacement for a ten year old 150w halogen security light which is installed with an over-ride ON switch. 

All the 10 and 20 watt LED units I have seen so far have a pre-fitted three core flex, and a few will override ON by rapid supply switching etc.

I would like to find one which is a direct replacement for the old halogen/PIR unit wired with 3 +,earth,  i.e.including wired override.    Anyone know of such an item ?

I realise that I can either fit separate lamp and PIR units, or put up with the switch-trick operation but I'm trying to avoid these if possible.

I would be saying now is the time to separate them off into individual stand-alone PIR and separate lamp....

Easy peasy to wire for Automatic PIR / Manual override with individual Lamp/PIR

And far more flexibility as to the detection zone etc...

Personally I will NOT supply any combined PIR's + Lamps as too much hassle when they fail..

Guinness

Some of the LED floodlights can be internally rewired with 4 core flex.  The deeper units have a standard driver inside and can be interrupted on the pir output.

Thank you for the responses.

The Timeguard modular  ones do look like they could be used, but actually we have located a "Diamond LED Lighting" fitting which has four core flex fitted. This is currently on order at a local supplier.

Thanks again for the advice.