This months PE Rag.......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get that they don't understand what split concentric cable is. 

An the slight amount of copper showing on the terminal to the left. 

I don't understand what's so bad about it?

H. T. A. F. Can you test stuff if you don't know what you are even looking at?

AND be paid for it

i may emails l PE mag.....mind you they have never replied to any of f my other emails 😂

They have replied to me a couple of times .   I also won a Brother Label printer from them  for the finest letter ever published , ever in the whole world since the beginning of time  and beyond .  Not bragging , just saying . 

Surely the guy would see where the blues were coming from lf he had looked a little closer . 

At least they've made the pictures larger and as Kerch says , dropped the puerile comments from the mysterious   inspector. 

Last edited by a moderator:
should allow me to comment as the mysterius inspector. although i doubt they, or the idiots submittingt he photo's, would like me reply to stuff like that

I was gob smacked when I looked at that picture

Doesn't do much to promote the knowledge and competence of the magazine producers

I actually met the editor at one of the Elex shows last year and took him to task about this, he came up with some daft excuse and said he'd look into it. It used to be a half decent read years ago, but it's gone stupid now, and as others have said, it's not only the lack of knowledge shown by some of the  contributors, but also the so called, 'inspector'. 

Below is a rare photo of the Electric Police in action  .      He's giving this sparky a right hard stare  as he writes out an  Electrical Installation Instant Fine   (EIIF)    for  not fixing a  " Mixed  wiring colour " label to that board .         Fine is for £200   or £100 if paid within a month.

The Sparks will receive  4 points on his ECS card  for a first offence.          The sparks is trying to figure out what he's done wrong  and is beginning to wish he  had become a builder  instead  , where you  don't need any qualifications  and you earn far more money.   

He's also wondering   , as they're in a domestic property ,  why do we need to wear safety hats.   

Scan0003.jpg