Auto electrician needed: Method to make LED strips fade on and off?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Mustard

Reaction score
I have some LED strips (they have a red and black wire coming out of them) that I want to mount in my Peugeot 308 (2012)'s footwells.

I intend to get them hooked up (I wouldn't know how to do it) to the interior light, so that when the car door opens, the LED strips come on with it.

However, all of the lights inside the cabin fade on and off. The strip does not fade.

Is there a method (is it a box I'd buy online?) that would make the LED strips fade on and off?

Go on e-bay and search for "LED strip control".  You'll be spoilt for choice. 

I don't know why they don't fade with your car interior lights though, if you wired them correctly.  I've swapped my incandescent car interior lights for LED lamps and that works fine. Should amount to the same thing.

Just mind you don't overload the car circuit  or it might prove expensive.

Go on e-bay and search for "LED strip control".  You'll be spoilt for choice. 

I don't know why they don't fade with your car interior lights though, if you wired them correctly.  I've swapped my incandescent car interior lights for LED lamps and that works fine. Should amount to the same thing.

Just mind you don't overload the car circuit  or it might prove expensive.
I wasn't aware they'd fade on their own if connected to the correct circuit.

I know an auto electrician that would do the work. I'll see if he's up for it :)