Electrician Positions in the Walsall / Midlands area

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Soprano

Quality over quantity
Reaction score
Hi I’m just having a casual look at what positions are available for an Electrician with mainly Commercial refurbishment and new build experience. I have also done Domestic and Industrial. I have 19 years experience. I’m very hard working and dedicated. Very high attention to detail. Would be looking for direct employment with a van provided. Preferably minimal out of town work. I have a lot of experience working in places like hospitals, schools, hotels, offices, warehouses and many more. Testing experience in initial verification. Some  limited Experience  in doing EICRs. If anyone knows of anything that is available please let me know. My experience does not in anyway limit me to only these areas. I am fully willing to learn new skills and progress. 

Kind regards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had enough & decided to move on then  Tony  ?

There a biggish job just beginning  down the A34  at Perry Barr ,   might not be your bag ,  Olympic style village  for the Commonwealth Games .

Becomes local housing afterwards . 

I changed employer many years ago to work at the same site ,  they were building the University of Central England then.....I fancied working locally ....never saw the place , they sent me to Stourport Power Station  instead.   :C

They're now demolishing the  university for this village project. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely time to move on I'd say ...but as I said before I think ...you won't see many  Sits .Vac.  for  what we need I'm afraid .   You need to know people  and SE is often the only option available .  

Would be looking for direct employment with a van provided. Preferably minimal out of town work.

If you could find this ideal employer I think they would expect you to go wherever they have work. Especially if they have provided transport? The principle that a lot of companies seem to work to nowadays is "Minimal staff and employees, covering Maximum area, (preferably with their own transport)".  i.e. spread the net wide for customer contracts, but keep workers to as few as is physically possible to stop the customers screaming.  Unless you are the only employee in a small business, you will be looking for a company local to where you live, with a broad customer base of local work sufficient to keep multiple staff & the managers in full time work and pay. I am struggling to think of any companies that could meet that requirement? 

Even if there is a company that will fit your ideal criteria, I have to say that I am confident you are wasting you time asking on here, as the majority of forum members are employees themselves or small businesses or self employed electricians, who use the forum as a resource to update on industry news and general casual chat. So they are very unlikely to be in a position to offer any direct employment + van. I think you stand more chance of seeing a Unicorn singing tributes to ABBA while assisting bag-packing in you local Tesco's than finding any employment prospect on the forum that meets your requirements.

Have you tried registering your name at any employment agencies? They would probably be able to give you a far more realistic evaluation of any job prospects of what you are looking for?  All I can do is wish you well in your search.

Doc H. 

This has made me chuckle at least. Thanks for the replies. I’m looking for something few and far between I feel.