Horstman immersion heater controller rewiring help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A house has this type of old Horstman immersion heater controller.

968347.jpg.7cb48aba509ecbc0600f6a2c9babebcf.jpg

It was wired for 2 immersion heaters, bottom one from the off peak supply, and top one from a 24/7 supply on the timer dial.

The plumber has been and changed the tank for one with just one immersion heater at the bottom.

I need to rewire this so that the single heater gets heated overnight from the off peak supply, and it can also be heated at any time by using the boost dial.

I know this is possible as I have seen them wired that way, but I don't have the instructions and haven't yet found them.  Anyone got a copy of the instructions or the single heater wiring diagram please?

Not sure that is it,  it mentions "electronic timer"

That only has one feed.  I have 2, the switched off peak feed, and a 24/7 peak rate feed.

From memory, the configuration I saw previously, with these mechanical units, the clockwork boost switch is a double pole changeover so it can be configured to work with 2 supplies and 1 heater.  but it was a bit more complex than just link the 2 heater outputs together.