Old Fire Alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Client has a small industrial unit with this old fire panel fitted. He has been advised that he needs to add a couple of smoke detectors and an additional call point. Now I see Firesafe are still in business, so question is what snags am I likely to hit if trying to add anything to this? I'm mostly thinking any form of password protection, although this seems a fairly basic panel. I also suspect this maybe 240V in which case modern parts may not be compatible? Or is it just far easier to replace with a new unit?

20190129_123942.jpg

Panel is keyswitch operation so I can't see it having any passwords / codes as there is no means to input them

Assuming the detector types you need are available I would just check the panel operates correctly and that the batteries are charging and can supply the necessary standby power if they are more than 5 years old I would just change them

Have a look how many detectors are on the zone/ radial as long as there’s less than 20 you should be able to add another. Then look at what detectors are being used, if it’s apollo you can add an Apollo S65 no prob.