What current rating day/night switch can be used with a fluorescent fitting 2x36W hazardous area light ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Care to elaborate.

Is this light for use in an Ex area now, or is it one you have repurposed for home?

If the light is for use in an Ex area then the light install can only be selected, installed and maintained by suitably qualified personnel (CompEx).

What are your abilities?

Generally more info required.

Welcome to the forum.

I think the more important question is “where is the switch?” You can feed in to the hazardous area using rated fittings with suitable cable and glands.
Only if he is suitably qualified or under the guidance of someone who is, and if he is I can’t see him asking this question on the forum. Which makes me think that this fitting is now in a domestic situation.

As I say more info required.

This light is fluorescent light fitting is suitable for a hazardous area.. just need a suitable current rating for the photoelectric switch

As Andy says , you need to tell us if this installation is in a hazardous area .  If it is you can't just pee about fitting any kind of accessory ...all  standard photocells  would NOT be suitable  for a hazardous area .   

Yes this light will be installed in a hazardous area ..But the photocell will will installed at a non hazardous area 

Who will be installing the light, will the person be CompEx qualified or under the direct supervision of someone who is?

Haz Area installs are a whole different league above non hazardous installs due to te risks and consequences involved, and I would have thought the person doing this install would be able to answer your question.

I am not trying to be deliberately evasive in my answer here but this is an area that is not for the unwary.  Plus I feel we are not getting the full story from you.

Why can't you just answer the question ?  

If you can't then please don't ask more questions..

He can't because you haven't given enough information. 

This is relatively simple. The information we require I guess you won't know. As if you did you would have answered your own question by now.