DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Livewire77

What current rating day/night switch can be used with a fluorescent fitting 2x36W hazardous area light ?

Livewire77

The fluorescent light is Ex rated for hazardous areas 

roys

Care to elaborate.

Is this light for use in an Ex area now, or is it one you have repurposed for home?

If the light is for use in an Ex area then the light install can only be selected, installed and maintained by suitably qualified personnel (CompEx).

What are your abilities?

Generally more info required.

Welcome to the forum.

Tony S

I think the more important question is “where is the switch?” You can feed in to the hazardous area using rated fittings with suitable cable and glands.

roys
13 minutes ago, Tony S said:

I think the more important question is “where is the switch?” You can feed in to the hazardous area using rated fittings with suitable cable and glands.

Only if he is suitably qualified or under the guidance of someone who is, and if he is I can’t see him asking this question on the forum. Which makes me think that this fitting is now in a domestic situation.

As I say more info required.

Livewire77

This light is fluorescent light fitting is suitable for a hazardous area.. just need a suitable current rating for the photoelectric switch

Livewire77

I meant photocell switch..Typing error

Andy™

you still havent answered questions that have been asked. unless you provide some more information then no one can give you a proper answer

Evans Electric

As Andy says , you need to tell us if this installation is in a hazardous area .  If it is you can't just pee about fitting any kind of accessory ...all  standard photocells  would NOT be suitable  for a hazardous area .   

Livewire77

Yes this light will be installed in a hazardous area 

Livewire77

Yes this light will be installed in a hazardous area ..But the photocell will will installed at a non hazardous area 

roys

Who will be installing the light, will the person be CompEx qualified or under the direct supervision of someone who is?

Haz Area installs are a whole different league above non hazardous installs due to te risks and consequences involved, and I would have thought the person doing this install would be able to answer your question.

I am not trying to be deliberately evasive in my answer here but this is an area that is not for the unwary.  Plus I feel we are not getting the full story from you.

Livewire77

Why can't you just answer the question ?  

If you can't then please don't ask more questions..

Rob.

He can't because you haven't given enough information. 

This is relatively simple. The information we require I guess you won't know. As if you did you would have answered your own question by now. 

Evans Electric
On 12/02/2019 at 10:41, Livewire77 said:

Why can't you just answer the question ?  

If you can't then please don't ask more questions..

You need to listen to these guys  or you'll be blowing up a filling station  or whatever the location is .     Electrics in a hazardous area  is not a DIY  project.