Its a universal question .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I sat down to log in to the Forum  the radio informed me  that the universe  is about 40 to 50 billion light years  to  its edge ,  but .... this will keep expanding away from us so may not be a destination worth setting out for   . 

Dare I ask ...into what is it expanding into ?    Presumably  a big empty space full of ....nothing ...until one of our billions of planets comes hurtling into it  at 1000 miles /sec .

Are we alone on this remote  planet   ?  And when we have finally destroyed it  will it be just one more barren , useless  lump of rock  , hurtling  through the vast empty void of space  on a never ending journey  into nothingness?         

Just asking   :C  

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my dreams as a kid was flying to the edge of the universe only to face a brick wall. Then the obvious question, “what’s on the other side of the wall?”

Will we ever know?

Do we want to know?

BTW I’ve started a savings account, the interest should pay for a meal at Milliways.

What is beyond the edge, is an imponderable question.

Just like time.  What happened just before time began and for how long?  What will happen after time ends?

The thing I want to know is why people were a lot cleverer thousands of years ago than they are today, and if you read things there's lots of proof.

For instance, how come when you read things it says stuff like, " the country was ruled by king, so and so from 500BC to 450BC" well the question, and nobody has given me a reasonable answer to this, is how did they know that Christ was going to be born in 450 years time? or were they that good at keeping records that they had all the data and just rewrote everything?

how did they know that Christ was going to be born in 450 years time?
Now you've raised that ,  I have to say , I have no idea  how people back then  numbered the years.   Did they say stuff like  ...20 yrs in the reign of King  Binky  . 

Strange thing is ,  when we look at other galaxies  their image takes so long to reach us , we are actually looking into the past .

As a child I imagined Tony's brick wall at the end of the universe , until I thought , what if I climb over the wall ?  Where would I be then ?  

Tune in next week  for ..." Is there a God ?"   

Last edited by a moderator:
yep. as for edge of space, it has to keep moving further away to stop the cats pushing stuff off it. same reason why the earth cant be flat

4e3.jpg.87c1f26030484b54c551737071e96a60.jpg

Unless there is an edge.....

But it has a cat-flap..

So they can get out,

pop into next-doors universe...

cr4p in their garden...

then come back later to finish off clawing the curtains at the edge of space in front of the cat-flap......

Before going to sit on the fence overlooking Dekes garden, 

to wind-up the Deke terrier when it has to nip into the garden to do its business!!

:C

The edge of the Earth is those hills in the distance ...the Deke Terrier  patrols the area to keep the cats away . 

View attachment 9866

I bet you have got one of those retractable lead thingy's..

So the Deke-terrier can run all the way to the foothills of the edge of the universe...

Without you having to undo the lead..

Or get out of your chair while keeping an eye on all forum posts...

Just press the button and hound comes zipping back at just below sub-sonic speed!

Guinness

You got it !    These white jobbies are the guardians of the universe.     Those two hills just left of centre  would be somewhere over your way  I'd say . Might be Clent . 

Why do dogs hate cats?,that's a good question, we went out with ours one day and we came back to find 3 in the garden sunning themselves, our dog went mental and spent the rest of the day grumbling under her breath, I think it was something about waiting in all day and the minute you go out a load of them turn up.

Last summer she declared a 'no-fly zone' over our back garden, she spent about 3 days chasing the local pigeons until she finally gave up and decided it wasn't enforceable. lol

Latest posts