This made me wonder ...........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...........if my inherent  cynicism  is not seeing the true picture .  

This is General Eisenhower  just prior to D-Day  , visiting an RAF base .    Two RAF  NCOs  salute the American  General  & as fitting military practice ,  the high ranking officer returns the salute .

But only the General returns the salute ....the accompanying  British officers seem to ignore the NCOs  ....the stuffed shirt at the back is giving them a right  superior look  .

Just wondering . Scan0005 - Copy.jpg 

If it's a group of soldiers the most senior brings the rabble to attention and salutes the officer, only the highest ranking officers needs to return the salute.

And judging by the age of the one at the back and his rank appearing to be a flight Lt then I would guess he's an ex warrant officer who has been commissioned and still has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Thanks for that  Sidney .    I  know the camera can catch  the wrong image etc.   I tend to clock body language , I see the two at the back sliding their eyes left towards the two  erks  or AC Plonks  ...the three at the front with eyes fixed on the ground  .  

The American General  , without any British clarse  & rank  issues  gives a smile & returns the salute.  

Sometimes my brain runs amock TBH.  

A similar attitude from the King  and and a couple of upper class  toffs  trying to  NOT SEE  the out of work guy  trying to bum a shilling  in this one . Looks like the King has clocked the camera .      

ZXglizq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What!!!!    The stuff you learn on here !!!    You KNOW of  such things ???      :C

I mean ..I was about to go onto the  Hansome Cab,  Growlers  & Well  Bottomed  Carriage Forum  but  theres no need  ...wanna know about carriages , just ask Kerch.  

Is that a one horse power or a two  Kerch ?  

You don't know the running  guy's name do you ?? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
We live in a democracy with our monarch as head of state. I you don't like it there's lots of room in Poland.

We yessss, but as i understand it, the monarch is, in theory at least, head of the armed forces, and millions of people went and got themselves killed fighting for "king and country" and yet according to the monarch "one does not get involved in politics"...

No worries though when millions were ostensibly, fighting for them and urged to go and fight the "Hun".. 

Next thing, rather predictably. "One had better give oneself a false name, as if the peasants find out we are krauts and really called Saxe-Coburg, we are done for...."

john..

At this stage I would like to point out that the King is actually travelling in a Well-bottom carriage as opposed to the slightly more common Canoe-bottom variant

just saying 

Was that before or after the Canoe-Boy variant?

Doc H.

We yessss, but as i understand it, the monarch is, in theory at least, head of the armed forces, and millions of people went and got themselves killed fighting for "king and country" and yet according to the monarch "one does not get involved in politics"...

No worries though when millions were ostensibly, fighting for them and urged to go and fight the "Hun".. 

Next thing, rather predictably. "One had better give oneself a false name, as if the peasants find out we are krauts and really called Saxe-Coburg, we are done for...."

john..

OK try this, turn the sound off.

Latest posts