How to get a neighbourhood back together?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony S

© Honorary Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of you will remember this from EB. The idiot that had made peoples lives in the Avenue a misery has been evicted after setting fire to his flat. Now we need to get the neighbourhood to act as one entity. A street party comes to mind when the weather is a bit warmer. The police will help me along with the HA, but I need ideas to get the ball rolling. The Avenue is a Cul-d-Sac so a barbeque can be set up at the hammerhead.

It’s just getting people involved is the proplem!

A bit like the retirement party for one of our foremen, he wasn’t invited.
Oh Dear !    You've  taken me back to when dozens & dozens of us were working at the Austin  /  BMC  /  British Leyland /  Rover / Longbridge  car plant .  

One of the foreman was to leave there  to another site  , one of the works vans picked up his toolbox .

When opened  two days later at the new site  , a human turd  had been  added to the top tray .     

I'm sure you're well familiar with human nature .    What may work in a village  won't work in a city . 

That's what worries me

Now the former resident idiot was removed people in the avenue have started talking to each other again.

My last flat had a large garden where I built a barbecue. When we held a garden party all the people in the street would be invited. The police would usually show up at 22:30 to tell us to turn the sound down and "are there any burgers and salad going."

A community is what the people want it to be.

Always look after your local coppers, it helps when you want something, I remember getting involved with a car ringing gang that was operating from a garage in our street, I'd recovered a stolen car, and a mates van (which was the reason I got involved in the first place), anyway there were loads of cops in the street, and and I made them a brew before going to  work, they returned all the cups while I was out and left a message with the wife thanking me for my help, she thought it was for the brews, it wasn't, it was to do with the blue light chase, lol. anyway a few weeks later my van got broken into, it didn't normally warrant a visit, but the CID guy turned up, much to my surprise to look at it, " well, we look after our own" he told me. a few brews and a bit of help certainly paid dividends. Our local cops know my motor and have a policy to stop it if it's seen on the roads and it's not me driving, how's that for a service.