Light fitting suggestion?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got a client who has a lighting circuit looped that the lights ............ they want a pendent replaced by a more elegant fitting like a bulkhead / bathroom type light ......... its not a big room and all the fittings I've looked at "assume" that the cable coming to the light will be a single T&E

Thanks

lucky you. plenty room in there. most these days assume the wiring is a bell wire and make the termianls sized to suit that...

Where you finding terminals that big????

Most would be a struggle to get a CAT5 or Telephone wire in!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shakehead   :slap

When did you last use the connectors that come with a new light fitting??

:popcorn  

Be prepared to re- connect the looped lighting in an suitable J/B  above the fitting ,  with a bit of  0.5mm  flex  down to the light  & possibly scrap the supplied connectors .

Theres a whole range of useful  LED   fittings now ,  as the one  Phil shows .  

Be prepared to re- connect the looped lighting in an suitable J/B  above the fitting ,  with a bit of  0.5mm  flex  down to the light  & possibly scrap the supplied connectors .

Theres a whole range of useful  LED   fittings now ,  as the one  Phil shows .  

Hum ............ after opening 3 units at a wholesalers today I selected a unit where I can use wago's to deal with all the cables inside the light.......... happy days (fingers crossed)

Where you finding terminals that big????

Most would be a struggle to get a CAT5 or Telephone wire in!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shakehead   :slap

When did you last use the connectors that come with a new light fitting??

:popcorn  

or the nasty cheap soft fixing screws!