Amazon again!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Computer mouse sent on pallet: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/23/enormouse/

One Lighting manufacturer has their own fleet of trucks to deliver their fittings, fair enough when you have hot a shops worth of fittings being delivered, but its the only way they send products out, so if you order an LED wall pak for instance for a small works job on an existing site, you get a HGV turning up to drop it off, they don't seem to realise that it would be cheaper and easier to send it via UPS or DHL, et all

If I could buy the coin capsules locally I would but I can’t. There’s no local coin shops I can find in a city the size of Nottingham. Something that should fit in my pocket takes three foot of litter to deliver!

hows this for a waste of packaging?

yes, that is 100x 2.54mm jumpers all individually wrapped

View attachment 9898
I've often wondered about CPC, do they have someone packing stuff when they are a bit quiet and they get carried away? I have had this many times and it's stupid, I had a load of large connectors for a job, the first set I got I ordered around 10 and they all came in one packet, ordered some more a week later and they all came individually packed and then sealed in a large plastic bag, had it with fuses too, ordered 10, first lot came in a small box as they normally do, ok the box was in one of those plastic bags, the next lot I ordered came individually, each in it's own bag, the worst one was a hundred resistors, all the same value and all in individual bags!

Sheer madness, the cost of packaging must outweigh the cost of the product, especially when you're buying a hundred resistors at something like 2p each.

I've often wondered about CPC, do they have someone packing stuff when they are a bit quiet and they get carried away? I have had this many times and it's stupid, I had a load of large connectors for a job, the first set I got I ordered around 10 and they all came in one packet, ordered some more a week later and they all came individually packed and then sealed in a large plastic bag, had it with fuses too, ordered 10, first lot came in a small box as they normally do, ok the box was in one of those plastic bags, the next lot I ordered came individually, each in it's own bag, the worst one was a hundred resistors, all the same value and all in individual bags!

Sheer madness, the cost of packaging must outweigh the cost of the product, especially when you're buying a hundred resistors at something like 2p each.
A lot of their small parts are also in a small, unmarked, bag inside the CPC bag

CPC do love sending everything in plastic bags. got a rather large collection of them now. dont need to buy any.

quite handy that they use the same 3 sizes too