Has the Nazi gold been found?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The is a secure vault in Switzerland, and nobody knows what is in them .... I say send in art experts and open each and everyone of them ...... but I suspect the Swiss government won’t allow this to happen ......

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we try to deceive.

One report I read about Fort Knox stated nearly all the gold belonged to the UK, others say it’s empty. It’s about time Canada gave us some of our gold back. France still hasn’t settled its bill for WW2, we paid it in gold!

As for the Swiss, they wouldn’t return Jewish Toten Geld unless the claimant had a death certificate issued by the concentration camps.

Fort Knox stated nearly all the gold belonged to the UK,
We have no gold  Tony ,  remember  , the Labour Party gave it all away to balance the books  .  

But I always think of the French when the US  -  British  Lend / Lease loan is  referred to .    

I believe after two years of World War 2  , Britain was bankrupt  & with few resources to draw upon .   

America agreed to supply much needed equipment & arms  to be paid for at a later date & to enable us to join the U.S in the liberation of Europe .

Then as you rightly refer to   , the French , as far as I know , did nothing to help with those repayments .  

A strange thing , I distinctly remember the Thatcher government finally paying it off ....but some years later it was  also announced that the final payment had been made .  

An interesting fact is that for many years , the US has us listed as a Third World country .  

Churchill made the following observation   :   

Vast wealth does not bring happiness, but that small margin of spare money, after necessities have been provided for, constitutes in America, the structure of what is definitely  larger life.  In the U.S this larger life or rather larger share of life in its natural and rightful balance- is enjoyed by an incomparably greater number than any other country in the world.

The wealth in this country has always been controlled by the establishment ,     just look at a movie or TV show from the  1950's  / 1960's  say .

The old  sit-com in the 50's  show they own a fridge  , a  car , a telephone , a TV.   A teenage type US film shows college kids at 17  say  with their own car or hot-rod .   Their cars even had RADIOS  .   

Compare the US  troops who came to Britain  during WW2  to our own enlisted  men ,  ( A lot who failed the medicals by the way )

US troops were well built , strong ,taller,  well fed , healthy , better uniforms  , better equipped  , better paid,  many would be car owners . 

British troops , often thin &  wiry ,smaller build ,  poorer diets ,   rubbish Army pay,   dreadful uniforms ,  under equipped  ,  and brave as Lions .   

It was only by the 1960s that the working classes started to find a little bit of spare cash in their pockets as a bit more money was filtering down the line .  Teenagers could buy fashion & records  instead of saving up for a  month ,  own a car or motor bike .   

Like the Americans in the 1940s 

Stop me !!! I'm rambling again !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Binky , I thought it went to the USA  to be safe from the Nazis  , not sure but I think it remained ours , just stored in Fort Knox  until  George Brown flogged it  to fund Labour schemes .  

Nope, it was used to buy weapons as I understand it, and was the end of the 'gold standard'. Our special mates also insisted we drop Sterling as the international curency of exchange in favour of the Dollar, so in short they shafted us big time, destroyed our economy and made themselves wealthy beofre eventually joining WW2.

Brown was only spending tax revenue based on a strong economy, mostly based on the financial sector before it imploded - we've been through this before, Labour did not courgette up the economy and were not behaving irresponsibly, the banks were, and did! 

Brown was only spending tax revenue based on a strong economy, mostly based on the financial sector before it imploded - we've been through this before, Labour did not courgette up the economy and were not behaving irresponsibly, the banks were, and did! 

Not this again....... from 2002 Labour were running a deficit, in 2005 the treasury warned Labour that tax income was falling short of projections and that cuts needed to be made (or raise taxes), Labour did neither ............... then the crash happened ......... so the downturn was far worse due to the over spending whilst the sun was shining ...............

Yep, and I proved you wrong then!  I wouldn't disagree with hindsight that perhaps less spending might have been better, but hindsight is a wonderful thing! As for the downturn, I'm still convinced Osboune's budget destabilised the economy and made it all worse, he certainly failed to curtail the deficit growth and under his fiscal control, in fact the deficit has increased considerably. 5 years of pain has turned into 10 years and not finished yet! We didn't have food banks like a third world country until the Tories got into control, yet tax loopholes for off-shoring money still exist.  Article below makes interesting reading. £34 billion un-collected tax , estimated £19 billion in tax havens,  according to HMRC - if you cut staff numbers at HMRC in the name of austerity it's hardly surprising. This is what pees me off with the Tory dogmatic approach to 'the state' to me their policies are like shooting yourself in the foot, eg shut down Youth Services and reduce Police numbers and youth crime goes up, what a surprise! But the knock on of all the current stabbings is a huge bill for the NHS - I haven't looked at what the cost of stabbings is versus staff for Police and Youth Workers, but a bit of reserch into death from pot-holes gave an official cost figure of over £1 million per death (don't ask me how they get to that number, but thatwas official figures). I suspect a stabbing isn't far off the same. Would you rather spend money on Youth Services or picking up the pieces? Second article is from the Mirror, not what I would call a particularly relibale source. 

https://fullfact.org/economy/tax-gap/

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/knife-crimes-cost-nhs-270-1690249

If I was making decisions about public spending I would target HMRC with "growth" and for additional revenue they could employ more people ............. and not phone monkeys ........ proper big hitters

AND I would simplify the tax systems............... there's far too much complexity and almost no deterrents.

totally agree, I'm totally fed up with stealth taxes and the admin costs, both direct and indirect, which just wastes money, and if you want to balance the books and pay for decent public services you need tax collectors to ensure a fair tax burden on all members of our society. 

Last edited by a moderator:
totally agree, I'm totally fed up with stealth taxes and the admin costs, both direct and indirect, which just wastes money, and if you want to balance the books and pay for decent public services you need tax collectors to ensure a fair tax burden on all members of our society. 

I quite agree

The ONLY decent party manifesto policy at the at the last election was from the Liberals (yes I know!) - 1p on NI to pay for social care for the elderly - a bit like what NI is for but with direct spending from what was raised (estimated at £6 billion).

This sounds a lot but when my mum died in 2012,, her nursing care was just over £6K per month ............ all paid for by herself.

I quite agree

The ONLY decent party manifesto policy at the at the last election was from the Liberals (yes I know!) - 1p on NI to pay for social care for the elderly - a bit like what NI is for but with direct spending from what was raised (estimated at £6 billion).
it always makes me laugh when they compare our services with those on the continent, but fail to point out most of these countries have tax rates around 50%, yet oddly enough thier people seem happier.

This fella looks happy....

44dc0b662bf7c452d3f631654e0f91cb.jpeg.915691275bac13b94324f4b2f61f62f7.jpeg

AND I would simplify the tax systems............... there's far too much complexity and almost no deterrents.

Wot more could you say?   Guinness

nail / the/ head / the / hammer / hit / on /

Can't quite remember the order...  But I am sure they are ALL included somewhere!

:Salute