The time has come the Walrus said...........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so situation after tonight’s vote 

we now get another vote tomorrow for a No Deal Brexit , which will be rejected.

then comes another vote to extend/delay brexit, which is all well and good but the decision isn’t theirs to make, that belongs to the EU and without good reason it’s unlikely to agree an extension, however they don’t really want us to leave without a deal - so now comes the real problem, they can’t be seen to be weak in changing their stance on the deal arrangement as it will reflect badly on their image of a united EU and give others an opportunity to look at their position within the EU and possibility to leave. The UK can’t be seen to continually give in to the EU demands as it weakens the Brexit concept. 

So reality is, we should just leave without a deal and within 5 years (if that long)they will want to make trade agreements with us, why because reports have already come out of Germany showing the discontent of a no deal arrangement by the vehicle manufacturers et al.  

What amazes me is that business is all about making deals so why can’t these deals be done after Brexit regardless of the manor in which we leave? So tarriffs will be applied but they really are only going to be a gesture rather than a massive penalty. 

What gets me is that idiot Corbyn.  He seems to think we can just have a GE, he will become PM, then they can negotiate a different deal with the EU.  That pre supposes the EU will allow time for that to happen, will tear up the present deal and start from scratch, then a different negotiating team, with a different set of wishes will reach a new deal, and the HOC will actually accept it.

I don't think have seen such an optomistic wish list for a very long time.

Latest word on the news is TM is going to try for a third time to get her deal through the HOC. 

Last edited by a moderator:
She probably will have to have another vote....

Todays - NO to May's/EU's deal

Tomorrows - vote on removing "No Deal" from the table ..... (remove our last bit of negotiating power if it gets ratified into law)

Thursdays - vote to ask for an extension to article 50 

and then if Europe deny the extension to article 50 they will have to have another vote to either accept the deal or ??????

All these muppets voting are going to achieve is a weakening of the UK plc position. 

Could you imagine if they’d had this many votes to go to war, we’d have never got there - mind that wouldn’t have been a bad thing in hindsight. 

I don't understand what the proposed "delay" is supposed to achieve. They have played their stupid games for two years now and achieved exactly nothing.

What difference is a bit longer going to make other than prolonging the uncertainty. 

I have a new idea!  Heads we stay, tails we leave! 

That's at least as sensible as what's gone so far.

It went wrong 2 years ago, when May decided not to involve the other parties in the negiotiations, no surprise they are playing politics with her now, and she' still playimg politics with the opposition, too afraid of the ERG, hates Corbyn and so stubborn she's shooting heself in the foot constantly. Trouble is she's also shooting our economy in the foot.

Dedicated to @Miss Sweden.

Jabberwocky is confusing. This is weird, unless you like sea food.

"The sun was shining on the sea,

Shining with all his might:

He did his very best to make

The billows smooth and bright —

And this was odd, because it was

The middle of the night.

The moon was shining sulkily,

Because she thought the sun

Had got no business to be there

After the day was done —

"It's very rude of him," she said,

"To come and spoil the fun."

The sea was wet as wet could be,

The sands were dry as dry.

You could not see a cloud, because

No cloud was in the sky:

No birds were flying overhead —

There were no birds to fly.

The Walrus and the Carpenter

Were walking close at hand;

They wept like anything to see

Such quantities of sand:

If this were only cleared away,'

They said, it would be grand!'

If seven maids with seven mops

Swept it for half a year,

Do you suppose,' the Walrus said,

That they could get it clear?'

I doubt it,' said the Carpenter,

And shed a bitter tear.

O Oysters, come and walk with us!'

The Walrus did beseech.

A pleasant walk, a pleasant talk,

Along the briny beach:

We cannot do with more than four,

To give a hand to each.'

The eldest Oyster looked at him,

But never a word he said:

The eldest Oyster winked his eye,

And shook his heavy head —

Meaning to say he did not choose

To leave the oyster-bed.

But four young Oysters hurried up,

All eager for the treat:

Their coats were brushed, their faces washed,

Their shoes were clean and neat —

And this was odd, because, you know,

They hadn't any feet.

Four other Oysters followed them,

And yet another four;

And thick and fast they came at last,

And more, and more, and more —

All hopping through the frothy waves,

And scrambling to the shore.

The Walrus and the Carpenter

Walked on a mile or so,

And then they rested on a rock

Conveniently low:

And all the little Oysters stood

And waited in a row.

The time has come,' the Walrus said,

To talk of many things:

Of shoes — and ships — and sealing-wax —

Of cabbages — and kings —

And why the sea is boiling hot —

And whether pigs have wings.'

But wait a bit,' the Oysters cried,

Before we have our chat;

For some of us are out of breath,

And all of us are fat!'

No hurry!' said the Carpenter.

They thanked him much for that.

A loaf of bread,' the Walrus said,

Is what we chiefly need:

Pepper and vinegar besides

Are very good indeed —

Now if you're ready, Oysters dear,

We can begin to feed.'

But not on us!' the Oysters cried,

Turning a little blue.

After such kindness, that would be

A dismal thing to do!'

The night is fine,' the Walrus said.

Do you admire the view?

It was so kind of you to come!

And you are very nice!'

The Carpenter said nothing but

Cut us another slice:

I wish you were not quite so deaf —

I've had to ask you twice!'

It seems a shame,' the Walrus said,

To play them such a trick,

After we've brought them out so far,

And made them trot so quick!'

The Carpenter said nothing but

The butter's spread too thick!'

I weep for you,' the Walrus said:

I deeply sympathize.'

With sobs and tears he sorted out

Those of the largest size,

Holding his pocket-handkerchief

Before his streaming eyes.

O Oysters,' said the Carpenter,

You've had a pleasant run!

Shall we be trotting home again?'

But answer came there none —

And this was scarcely odd, because

They'd eaten every one."

It went wrong 2 years ago, when May decided not to involve the other parties in the negiotiations, no surprise they are playing politics with her now, and she' still playimg politics with the opposition, too afraid of the ERG, hates Corbyn and so stubborn she's shooting heself in the foot constantly. Trouble is she's also shooting our economy in the foot.

I've been saying this for a while.... she should have set up a cross party Brexit committee from the outset.... then no one gets the blame for it in the history books 

It is soooo confusing  ,  like the hardest thing mankind has ever undertaken  is to try to leave the EU  .

I lay my cards on the table  by saying , yet again ,  that I feel it is  a big mistake  to leave ...we should be in the  tent  Part Peeing  out  , not outside the tent Part Peeing in .  Unfortunately we have to go with it now , so must make the best of it .            

I could well be wrong , don't mind admitting ,   but it was  big market place for our goods & services   .   The Exit vote  was a kick against the free flow of labour  which ,  added to our overwhelming volume of non EU immigration  , was the last straw for many .          I think.      

It’s all bull, they, the experts, are saying that on a no deal the imposed tariffs would put about £1500 on the average new vehicle. Now forgive me but unless you’re purchasing it outright then you’ll see maybe £5-£10 extra on your monthly payment? Is that really a big deal to worry about? 

lots of bull on both sides, but no deal will hit us hard and fast, especialy manufacturing which has a lot of 'just in time' production processes. Don't know if you wathced the 'Inside the factory' programme about a brewery in Burton the other night? The cans turn up on a lorry, are filled with beer and sent out again on another lorry in under 60 minutes, frictionless trade is essential as many component items come from Europe, and we export to Europe too.

Personally I couldn't give a toss about new cars - waste of money anyway!