Lot 20 ............. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I fitted my "first" LOT 20 compliant panel heater today ............ the customer has learning difficulties and can't understand the controls - just needs on and off, up and down

Who comes up with these daft ideas?

PS: Anybody know of a panel heater that also has an app for setting up times etc?

stupid idea. fitted one in a school a while back. keeps switching off because it 'thinks' the door/window is open

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a thread on this a few weeks ago. The customer took the POS back for a refund and I got a "new old stock" old fashioned one from ebay.  That will get harder unless you are going to fit outright second hand.

However on my thread, someone posted that it is possible to turn off this silly "window open" nonsense so before you can it, search the manual in fine detail,

But as to the timer, I tried and failed to figure out how to set it.

So I fitted my "first" LOT 20 compliant panel heater today ............ the customer has learning difficulties and can't understand the controls - just needs on and off, up and down

Who comes up with these daft ideas?

PS: Anybody know of a panel heater that also has an app for setting up times etc?
That's what millions in R&D gets you. 😂

The Nobo heater has Wi-Fi controls.

https://www.electricpoint.com/nobo-ncu2r-plug-in-module-wifi-controlled-7-day-programmable-tim.html

The PLXE has Bluetooth connectivity, although I think that's only used by us in the manufacturing process.

Interesting article .... when I spoke to Rointe today they stated that their heaters are all Lot 20 compliant...... mind you some European countries always stretch the rules to suit themselves .....
In fairness they probably are LoT20 compliant, they have to be if you want to sell in the EU.

The crux of the article was that Rointe were saying that their heaters were more efficient than those made by Dimplex. They're not. It's an electric heater with an element. They're all the same, you can't change the laws of physics. Ohms' law is the same in Spain or in Ireland.

DeLonghi are the other big player in electric heaters, they no longer manufacture in Italy, they have moved everything to China.