new on the forum

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsedwards1

Reaction score
Hi im new on the forum and tried to down load a manual, not realising you have to be a paid up member for this. 

Hi im new on the forum and tried to down load a manual, not realising you have to be a paid up member for this. 

Hi RSEdwards1..  welcome....

Yep...  unfortunately even in the world of internet site...

someone somewhere has to pay for all the hosting and running costs... :C

Way back in the bowels of history when this forum was originally started it was pretty much as a hobby project running as a free service for everything...

But then as membership grew and the host server companies started needing some payment for the extra bandwidth it was consuming..

It became uneconomically viable for our original owner to invest both the time and money needed... :|

So our current owners took over control with the majority of the forum features still as a free service.. :Salute

But,  (even though we do have some sponsors), one or two features were considered to be worth a nominal fee...

to help boost the piggy-bank to keep the rest of it running as free to use service..

The old saying...

"There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"..

Is still very true today even in 2019 on the internet.

Guinness

Hi RSEdwards1..  welcome....

Yep...  unfortunately even in the world of internet site...

someone somewhere has to pay for all the hosting and running costs... :C

Way back in the bowels of history when this forum was originally started it was pretty much as a hobby project running as a free service for everything...

But then as membership grew and the host server companies started needing some payment for the extra bandwidth it was consuming..

It became uneconomically viable for our original owner to invest both the time and money needed... :|

So our current owners took over control with the majority of the forum features still as a free service.. :Salute

But,  (even though we do have some sponsors), one or two features were considered to be worth a nominal fee...

to help boost the piggy-bank to keep the rest of it running as free to use service..

The old saying...

"There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"..

Is still very true today even in 2019 on the internet.

Guinness
Yes ok but where is the price list? for this info as i cant find it

There 's a link to follow in there , I'm sure there is .    Then I think you pay the annual subscription  but I'm not too sure to be honest . 

I do know that the Forum doesn't run on fresh air but the subs are only about   50p week.