Water Bill , nationwide survey

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year   £358.46   

This coming year £373.79.   

also Severn Trent.... ?:|

So.…..

You must be paying more for that Jacuzzi and hot tub and basement swimming pool at Dekeington Towers....   :Outofdepth:

Unless its just we have shorter pipe runs from this side of Brum to those reservoirs in Wales???

:C

4 bed semi...

+ Integral garage full of tools/work stuff  &  Tumble drier + Washing machine,  bikes, Kayaks, roof box,  ladders, 5ftx3ft trailer...  etc.  

off road parking on drive big enough for caravan + two vehicles...

Council Tax last year..  £1296.82 

Guinness

Council tax this year  £1239.77  

I suppose its not bad for a 200 bedroom detached  

I did notice on this years council tax bill  it says the valuations are based  on market values in April 1991   .     On today's values  I would be in Band G  

aston-hall-531124634.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I'm just kidding !!! I don't really live in Aston Hall  , far too big  and NO garage !!!  

No this is   Dekington Towers    (  Parking my van there seems to pee off the neighbours for some reason  )  

Photo0106.jpg

Water in Scotland is unmetered and charged with your council tax.  This year it will be £137.  But we are only paying Band A council tax for the caravan at the moment. Later in the year when the council tax valuer puts a banding on the new house, our council tax and water charge will probably double, which is silly as we won't suddenly use double the amount of water.

We don't pay a sewage charge as we have a private waste treatment plant, if we did that would be about the same as the water charge.  Instead we pay about £150 every other year for the treatment plant to be pumped out.

You must be paying more for that Jacuzzi and hot tub and basement swimming pool at Dekeington Towers....   :Outofdepth:

Unless its just we have shorter pipe runs from this side of Brum to those reservoirs in Wales???
I'll have to drain one of the pools I think  !  

Thats it ,  you're nearer Wales than me  and the pressure here gets less every year  .  

Going back to the water bill of £419    I'm thinking  ...water meter  .       Now I'd guess that a  family with , say , three teenage kids , would probably run up a high water meter bill .   Just guessing .    But theres just me ,  Mrs Deke  & the little fella now    ,   8.5KW shower ,no bath ,   two toilets  kitchen sink , washing machine  , Combi gas boiler .   

Need to do some sums  , need to know how much water  a loo flushes .   Showers don't  use a huge amount of water  where a bath  used to be about 30 gallons  I think .  

However they are still going to charge for  drainage water  off the property .  

Just be careful with a meter, I worked it out and it was going to be dearer than we currently pay, even though UU said it would work out cheaper. The major problem comes later, you have so long to swap it back to the old bill, but after that you're stuck with it, plus you need to think about how much water you use watering the garden, remember SWMBO wouldn't be happy if all the plants died during a dry summer.

There are 4 adults in our house and I wouldn't dare have a water meter ............. whereas the couple over the road opted for a water meter and saved loads ..............

Thanks  for that .   Phil.   A neighbour said today they saved at least £200   on the year  but folk tell you anything sometimes . 
I'm dead against metering water, it's something we cannot do without, yes at the moment they're saying they want to do it to save us money, but how long before they use them to punish us for using more than they think we should? On the news today they were saying that we could run out of water by 2050, they were giving examples of how we waste water, running the tap whilst brushing teeth, taking baths when we should take showers, watering our gardens etc, we must all do better, finally they gave a brief mention of the need for water companies to tackle leaks! You have to wonder just how much water is wasted by leaks, especially those that leak for ages, but no as per usual, it's the public that must make savings, and no doubt put up with rising costs to repair the leaks.

Interesting how they cone up with the idea that we will run out of water, given that we are surrounded by water and they recycle the dirty water. So are they saying that the austerity measures have affected their ability to recycle or is it down to Brexit? 

Interesting how they cone up with the idea that we will run out of water, given that we are surrounded by water and they recycle the dirty water. So are they saying that the austerity measures have affected their ability to recycle or is it down to Brexit? 
In some foreign countries they use different water for different things, desalinated water is used for washing etc and fresh water is only used for drinking, there are places where 'grey water' from sinks and baths or showers for example is used to water gardens. My ex father-in-law used to work all over the world on desalination plants, he said the water was fine to drink, obviously, but it didn't taste the same as tap water. I suppose it's one of those things were if you are used to drinking it you don't notice anything until you taste 'normal' water.

I love your Brexit comment though, maybe the EU is going to ban it's rain clouds from dropping any rain on the UK after we leave the EU. lol