Renault trafic cut out when it’s raining

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seannorm

Reaction score
Hi I’m look for a bit of help iv a 2007 Renault trafic 2.0 115 that has cut out when it’s wet damp weather it is not the injectors as they are bone dry and the scuttle has been sealed if it’s left for a few days in the garage to dry out it runs perfect I only have a cheap scanner and it’s bringing up po335 who’s is crank shaft sensor which I have replaced but still no difference any help would be appreciated 

Could be a broken wire letting damp in, the code you describe is a generic code and can be caused by a number of faults since the code is generated by the powertrain control module. causes could be as diverse as crank position sensor, broken cambelt, damaged cable not connecting, bad connection affected by damp, plus several more. in your case you can rule out the cambelt, and the sensor, I'd go for the connection.

Thanks will try suggestions today and give updates 👍 sad thing is not 60k On it yet 

Right cleaned earths and still no start looked at all the wires around Ecu and fuse box no green oxidation or broken wires I’m at a complete loss 

please anyone have any other ideas I’m 40 miles away from the nearest garage. 

It’s location is under the bonnet behind the passenger light and it’s bone dry with no signs of water damage. I’m in Ireland out in the sticks 😩

Hi. You described exactly the problem I am having with my Renault trafic 07. Please help. How did you fix it.