Push Fit pipe

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian932

Reaction score
Here is one for Mr JL, we are currently building our own place and I'm looking to run a 22mm hot water loop.

The layout is:- at one end of the building is a HW cylinder in a Grd Flr Utility room with an ensuite above it and then 16m down the other end of the building is a Grd Flr Bathroom with another ensuite above this.

With me so far? right I'm going to run 3 legs of 22mm in the Grd Flr ceiling space from one end to the other, this is a 16m staright run, 2 legs will be the HW loop and the other leg will be the cold feed.

The question is, I want to run JG speedfit for the 16m legs then run copper at either end to the various tap and shower points, I'm concerned that once I fit the insert to the JG pipe the bore is reduced to about 17mm, will this give me a problem with the flow/presure to 3 bathrooms?

Phew!! I think I got there in the end. By the way if it helps, the mains presure here is mega, I've not tested it but i'd guess its well over 3.5 bar. Half a turn on the old garden tap and the hose is leaping around trying to whip ya eye out !!

hello m8, firstly i never use plastic pipe, secondly are you going unvented for the hot outlets ??

i dont think the reduced part would be that much of a problem - as an example, look at 15mm isolation valves - you probably only have 8-9mm through there

hello m8, firstly i never use plastic pipe, secondly are you going unvented for the hot outlets ??
Blimey you guy's are all quick off the mark tonight,

JL Yes mate its an unvented system, its supplied by Nu-Heat think they call it a VPL cylinder, its a tank withing a tank

make sure you size it correctly .. also look at the quantam tanks they are very reasonable.

look for the 25 year warranty to .. also ask for a second coil fitting ie: sloar or soild fuel later on .. you never know.

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Hot_Water_Cylinders.html?gclid=CJODl7_NgJsCFWIB4wod0CA0tA

we fit mega flows they are very good .

also make sure ur engineer is registered to fit unvented for the benchmark and notify to building control., this is req for the warranty

you always want to get in first. i suppose this thread shows how much variety here... someone asks a plumbing question, they get a replay from DIY vet (sorry, vet; DIY spark!), plumber and sparky
we are a "forum with a difference" :D

ohhh new build are so good for playing about with different ideas . :)

how are u heating the cylinder ?? are u going for underfloor downstairs ?

make sure you size it correctly .. also look at the quantam tanks they are very reasonable.look for the 25 year warranty to .. also ask for a second coil fitting ie: sloar or soild fuel later on .. you never know.

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Hot_Water_Cylinders.html?gclid=CJODl7_NgJsCFWIB4wod0CA0tA

we fit mega flows they are very good .

also make sure ur engineer is registered to fit unvented for the benchmark and notify to building control., this is req for the warranty
Thanks for that tank info, I've got the main cylinder already it was part of the GHP bundle from Nu-Heat. I'll check with them on the status of their engineers as they will commission the GHP and HW cylinder.

I do need another tank though so those links will help, its a 120-150 Litre tank which the Schuco solar panels will heat, this will be used as a pre-heat cylinder which will link up with the main HW cylinder.

What about the flow on the 22mm push fit will I be OK?

I here what ur saying Patch about using copper, cost wise its cheaper and time wise it quicker to do those 16m legs in plastic, but I'm still torn :(

just use copper .. far better and mice dont eat it . !

why 2 tanks ???? have a cylinder made with dual coil.

ohhh new build are so good for playing about with different ideas . :) how are u heating the cylinder ?? are u going for underfloor downstairs ?
Underfloor in screed for ground flr and 1st floor is underfloor pipe clipped into metal plates screwed to the underside of the 1st flr deck then bubble foil below that with a 50mm void.

Cylinder is heated by GSHP and 2 Solar panels

http://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/ariston-primo-twin-coil-unvented-stainless-steel-indirect-cylinders--solar-compatible-/

dual coil here.

also look towards 210 litres, 150 is to small really. it wont be wasted heat due to the amount of insualation on the tank .. 2 inch thick.

Ariston Primo Twin Coil Unvented Stainless Steel Indirect Hot Water Cylinder

The Ariston Primo Twin Coil Hot Water cylinders at PlumbNation feature a quality stainless steel tank which is 12 Bar pressure tested. The Ariston Primo Twin Coil Indirect Hot Water Cylinder enables a dual heat source application utilising the Solar Panels with one coil, and the boiler (or other heat source) with the other coil.

The Ariston Primo Twin Coil Indirect Unvented Cylinders offer fast reheat times thanks to the technologically advanced design of the thermal coil, which is used in conjunction with a boiler.

All models also feature an electric heating element as back up heat source and are availabe in 210 Litre or 300 Litre Capacities.

All Ariston Primo models offer fast reheat times and use the minimum amount of valuable floor space.

The Compact design makes it the slimmest on the market.

25 Year Manufacturers Guarantee.

install pdf here

just use copper .. far better and mice dont eat it . !why 2 tanks ???? have a cylinder made with dual coil.
Because Solar was an after thought and we had already received the main tank which is single coil.

i would not bother then .. u are thinking of a bugffer tank for the extra stroage ..

look to a h20 panel if thats what you want then .. dont bother with the buffer tank.