Recommend Outdoor security camera with long range and better resultions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zillah

Reaction score
Dear Experts

I am using Blue Iris software that is installed on desktop with windows 7 and 3 Hikvision outdoors cameras (DS-2CD2032),,4 years old

Looking to buy another 2 outdoors type PoE but longer range [10 m/33 feet and above] and higher resolution and they would be used in a poor environment light.

I am thinking to spend $150 per camera ?

Please share your advice ?

I guess they should be compatible with no issue with blue Iris as I am using it now

I asked other forum same question just to have second opinions

Thanks

range comes with resolution, I would look at 5 Mp with a motorised lens - this will allow you to focus the camera where you need it by zooming in / out with the lens. I have recently fitted several of these covering a school playground, playback is impressive as is the wide field of view. NB PoE has a max cable run of 100m, but I find it unstable over about 80m

Thanks binky

5 Mp with a motorised lens
Which brand do you recommend and where can i buy them? I prefer trusted online store as I am based in New Zealand

NB PoE has a max cable run of 100m, but I find it unstable over about 80m
Mine is 50 m max

Last edited by a moderator:
Hivision are good if you can find one in their range.

I've been using QVIS and Viper (from QVIS), which is really just own branded stuff from an unknown source. The Viper stuff is definetly better, but I'm not sure these will work without the appropiate recorder and it sounds like you want to connect to your PC. 

https://qvisglobal.com