Any Linux / ubuntu / Raspbery Pi experts here?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having problems setting up an SD card for a Pi, using a Ubuntu computer to do so.

I will post full details when I know someone is listening.

I got it sorted.  It was down to my lack of knowledge about linux things.

I was copying the image to /dev/sdd1 which I thought was the address of the SD card.  Turns out I should have copied the image to /dev/sdd and that now works.

the strange thing is the copy reported that it had worked, but it had just not actually copied anything.

Okay another related question.

I have set up my Pi Music Box.  It is working well with one exception.

Initially it would not play any of my local music files, some are .WMA files, some are .M4A files.

In desparation I ripped one CD again and this time stored it as .MP3 and the Pi Music box plays that okay.

So does anyone know (or know how to find out) what music file formats the Pi Music box supports?  all documentation I have yet found does not say, and posing the question on the Raspberypi.org and the Modipy forums yieds no answers.

Ideally I would like to add another codec to the Pi Music box to make it play other file formats, otherwise I have to re rip my CD colection and save them this time as .MP3

Latest posts