Electric cooker installation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachelEvs

Reaction score
Hi, I need to wire in a new cooker and have attached the cable to the cooker. I’ve removed the socket cover that’s on the wall in the kitchen where an old cooker was and am not sure if I just put the 3 corresponding wires from the cooker cable into the same slots in the wall that currently have the 3 cables in. I can’t post a pic as I’m new to the site but could email over. Thank you.

Thank you. I’ve got the right cable, not sure what the MCB is? The connections just looked a bit basic but if I can just stuff the new cables into the same holes as the cables already there then hopefully I won’t blow anything up 😂

I would add two points...

make sure you connect using using the correct wire type....they always used to be connected with twin and earth, now it's usually high temp,rubber flexible. H077 RNF or some such thing....it will be in the instructions

last one I connected needed 4 different screwdrivers.....the most important connection being to the terminals which required a T15 torx. Now, to my mind, if a DIYer was doing this and didn't have the correct driver they may just force something in that fitted and twist away and not necessarily actually tighten up the terminal correctly.  A bit of a flawed design in my blinkered and bigoted view!

just advising