The Lib Dems

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Both of my kids got (through the post) today, canvassing information from the Lib Dems .............. presumably as a responsible adult they don't think my wife and I are worth spending money on!

Well that red flag you have flying off your chimney  probably put them off.  

We have a Labour led council  but a LIB/Dem  local councillor  ....have to say he works really hard within the area , gets involved with loads of issues and has helped many folk . 

So........it's not the Lib Dems then!      Or is it and it's a bluff? OR isn't it and it's a double bluff? OR something else ? OR not?

Funny ............ If I ALL of the leaflets I'd happily send the lot to Dave!

And at the moment there seems to be a political vacuum in the UK .................. is it worth voting?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is definitely a LEADERSHIP vacuum in the UK at the moment.

Trouble is, all of them don't look any better.

Edited that for you ...

if if I could exercise my thoughts I’d kick out all MP,s who haven’t had a proper job for 20 years before becoming an MP and those who haven’t lived in their constituency for a minimum of 10 years ....

that would create a few vacancies and reduce the career politicians to virtually none ...

so we are back to protest votes - I'm thinking of voting 'Green' , but I actually like green issues, so it would be about the first time in over 30 years I might vote for something I believe in! 

so we are back to protest votes - I'm thinking of voting 'Green' , but I actually like green issues, so it would be about the first time in over 30 years I might vote for something I believe in! 
Our FPTP system encourages that.

There is little point voting for what you really want as often that will be a wasted vote. So you have to look at what might actually be winnable in your particular seat and choose the best (or least bad) of those options instead.