Eu elections

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes as we aren’t likely to be out out only out and that’ll take years. Now is there any point in voting on a general election, not if we only have the same parties to vote for. 

Is it time for a people’s revolt probably but we haven’t got the balls to do so. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Politics are strange .   In my area we have a Labour MP that you can't get rid of due to boundary changes  .   The local Labour party committee proposed new MP was ruled out by the Blair government & they were ordered to accept this ... gentleman  instead .    Boundary changes ensured ensured his future on the ethnicity of his support. 

You couldn't get a Tory in  here in a million years  but we have a most excellent  Lib/Dem  Local councillor  who does that much work in the area many THINK hes  the MP . 

Then we get the nonsense we saw at some local elections last week around the country ..... folk voting locally in ways to show how fed up they are with central government ...totally pointless .

Last edited by a moderator:
You are absolutely correct Murdo but it’s about time we had a greater choice, the two large parties are imho a wasted vote, neither have a clear goal, neither can be relied upon, neither can be trusted so we may as well try something new, have nothing to lose but maybe more to gain. ?? 

it's  a right pita! I want to vote for something I believe in, but end up tacticle voting 99% of the time. We are suppossed to be the 'mother of democracy'  yet we have a voting system that does not promote this, but does suite the 2 big parties! I will be voting Lib Dem for the EU elections though, I am now of the opinion Brexit can go swing even if I did vote for it! 3 years and still not out, and that's just negiotiating how we 'courgette off'. So add a few more years to completing an actual deal, with no one really in control of proceedings, and you just know it will be painful! 

image.png