DONT STAY LURKING AS A GUEST,

JOIN TEF AND BENEFIT FROM MEMBERSHIP:

CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Janice hay

Wiring may be dangerous

Janice hay

Hi there wondering if anybody could help me please I've no idea what the handyman has done with my electrics in the attic he said he was an electrician yet shown me no paper work ! I have a main light in the middle of my room hooked up to the attic I wanted that taking away and two new lights fitting at the both sides of my bed so obviously he would connect everything up in the attic which is well lit and boarded up in the middleI'm unhappy with his work and not sure if everything is ok here's some picture for you to see! Cheers Janice sorry cannot upload picture how do I do it ? 

Andy™

no pics, but if youre concerned about the condition of the wiring then you could get a sparky around to do an EICR which would find any issues

binky

we need an admin to mod your account and allow pictures to be posted.

ProDave

In the mean time try and describe what is wrong?

With a fully boarded loft there won't be access to get to the light fitting position and make the alterations without lifting some boards.

Murdoch

I'm guessing that the floor boarding above came after the changes ............. if the "handyman" can't provide you with a certificate for his work, them maybe get a competent spark via recommendation to inspect and test the changes?

Sorry if this isn't too helpful but its almost impossible to give definitive answer without a site visit 

Janice hay

Thanks guys I've got in Touch with admin to see how to upload attachments so you can see the pics ! It was boarded just in the middle of my loft