RoboPAC pallet wrapping machine

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
My turn for some assistance now 😂

Has anybody got a working knowldege of these ?

My Son has just bought one, no manual, no model number

it is the one with the 182a PCB board and a jaguar Cub 0.75kW VSD

it rotates, it wraps, it rises, it lowers, it returns to base, rotation speed is adjustable via VSD

problem is we do not seem able to alter the rising/lowering speed. There is a button on the front that suggests it is for this BUT it doesn't do anything, and since it's part of the pcb we cannot override it

the button in question is the yellow one that has1/2 triangles on top...looks like it represents slow and fast raise speed BUT there is only one VSD. Unless maybe it is a two speed motor for this function

IMG_4016.JPGIMG_4018.JPGIMG_4019.JPG

we also have even less idea what the lower left yellow button is for either!

can anyone shed any light on this please?

Last edited by a moderator:
My mate works for a packaging firm (Smithpack) and is always babbling on about this or that shrink wrap machine, making mods and tweaking the things. I'll send him the pic of the controls but he's on holiday and a Luddite when it comes to phones and texting back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry  Kerch  the only one I've done  is a pallet turntable  with the plastic film fed  out  at one speed / one level .   Guided  manually by hand ,  all works at one speed.  

It’s 20 years since I had anything to do with pallet wrapping machines. The button you’re on about I’m pretty sure was to do with the amount of overlap.

PS if there’s a girl operating it don’t upset her. The plant manager was looking for me, he found me cling filmed to a stanchion. He just left me there and walked away laughing.

What RoboPAC model is it please?
That's the problem!  We cannot find a model number anywhere on it

stands about 8' tall

2 motors on opposite side of mast to control panel at ground level. They are covered by a grey plate ( vertical)  but open at back

The button you’re on about I’m pretty sure was to do with the amount of overlap.

that would make sense.....but cannot get light to come on and pressing it makes no difference

all info gratefully received

Got a picture?
I will get some pics tomorrow

Does it do anything?
It appears to do everything other than have a controllable 'raise and lower,' speed.  It needs more overlap of the wraps. As Tony S says it could well be the "Xmas tree button" but it doesn't seem to do,anything and we cannot get the light o come on. Doesn't help not having a manual for it

its acceptable for wrapping the pallets, but he wants it more for wrapping individual items of garden furniture etc

I'd have said from working on other wrapping machines that that button is not for speed, but for deciding how much it raps the product. Either once in one direction, or twice in both directions. 

Hopefully you'll have the manual soon to confirm either way.

Latest posts